x
Alumni

Square Reporting Q&A: Get answers and influence product decisions!

Happy New Year, Seller Community! โœจ

Effective and reliable reporting is crucial for the smooth operation of any business, and we recognize that there is always room for improvement with the reporting tools offered by Square.

Participate in the upcoming Square Reporting Q&A to let the team know what's going well and what can be improved โ€” because who better to provide insight on how to improve these tools than the sellers who use them on a daily basis? ๐Ÿ˜‰

This event is an opportunity to speak directly with @annakepler on the Square Reporting team, and contribute to how developments are prioritized throughout 2023.

On Wednesday, January 25, 2023, she and her team will be here to address any questions you may have, and make sure your experiences are documented with their plans for the year ahead.

Not sure what to ask? Here are some example questions: 

• What is the best way to keep an eye on sales trends for my items?
  • If I could do "_________" with reporting in the online Square Dashboard, that would save me so much time.
  • How can I manage sales reports across multiple business locations?

Ani__0-1673551111027.png

Click 'Reply' below to ask your question ahead of time, and weโ€™ll answer every question on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 275
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

A feature that I think would be really useful to customers and also to square customers is the ability to display other currencies beside the default currency pricing.
EG. US customers when shopping in Canada would benefit in seeing USD pricing as would a CANADIAN customer shopping in the US would benefit from seeing both prices. however the transactions would still be processed in the default currency.

Is this something that could be easily done?

View Best Answer >

Message 274 of 275
274 REPLIES 274
Beta Member

I use Excel for Mac and the export from Square inserts lots of extra characters. I received a version that support exported to a PC and the weird characters disappeared. Please fix the export to Excel for Mac. 

Also, it would be nice to be able to export only items that have at least one item of inventory.

Thanks!

Message 211 of 275
Square

That's an interesting use case! We will see how we can improve our export functionality to make it work for you. 

Can I ask what report you have in mind for the items that only have 1 item in the inventory? 

Anna Kepler
Product Manager, Payments Reporting and Analytics, Square
Message 212 of 275
Beta Member

I am happy to be a tester for your improved export functionality, as I realize not many people may use Excel for Mac. 

As to the report, I make one of a kind items. I want to be able to toggle the โ€œall itemโ€ export to include items with an inventory greater than 0 vs all items. 

Message 213 of 275

Another thing I forgot to mention, for the payroll I can not add contractors.  We hire contractors not employees, it would be good to be able to add that so we can pay our contractors too. 

Message 214 of 275
Square

Thank you @JKO ! This is a really great list of features. I will take it back to the team.

Anna Kepler
Message 215 of 275

We need to able to sync our Sales Prices in-person and Online.  Lots of us only have 1 inventory and can't afford separate.  If an item is on sale online I NEED it to have a "Sale" option price for in-person, it gets very confusing especially for employees.  That way my reports would also be accurate for discount prices.

Thanks for you time!

Message 216 of 275
Square

Thank you for sharing @theinkpad ! The situation you describe definitely makes sense and maintaining multiple inventories is not a great option. I will take this back to the team. 

Anna Kepler
Message 217 of 275

Hi!

Suggestion: Would be helpful to run a Transaction report that also includes the Invoice Number. 

Thank you.

Message 218 of 275
Square

Hi @SCRL , thanks for the suggestion. Currently, you have the ability to view invoice transactions in the transactions applet and search for specific invoices using the "filter by notes" option contained in the search by filter. Exporting the transactions list with your source filter and selecting just invoices should also give you a detailed CSV of all your invoices.

Anna Kepler
Message 219 of 275

Transactions filtered by a specific item include all other transactions with the search when exporting to Excel.  It should only list the item listed in the filter.  

I would also like to see headers on reports exported to Excel.

Message 220 of 275
Square

Thank you @kendrafr ! We are working to improve the export functionality and will take this into consideration. 

Anna Kepler
Message 221 of 275

Hi!

I would love to see the ability to get a report for my locations that show the breakdown of card use, i.e. debit, visa, mc, amex etc so that we can better assess how we're getting paid.

The report now shows all cards lumped into one amount, but a breakdown would be a lot more helpful.

Thanks!

Zee

Message 222 of 275
Square

Hi @ZeeMan !
We are happy to share that this will be available in the next month as part of the Payment Methods report. Be on the lookout for the announcement.

Anna Kepler
Message 223 of 275

Will we be compensated for participating in this event?

Message 224 of 275
Square

With improved reporting functionality ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Anna Kepler
Message 225 of 275

Would love to get our customer sales data annually in addition to lifetime spends. Itโ€™s a more accurate reflection of current business, especially as a business is around for several years. Also a great way to know who our current best customers are. 

Message 226 of 275
Square

Hi @OrangeandBrew , appreciate the feedback and definitely understand how this data would be beneficial to review. While I donโ€™t have any specifics to share right now, providing greater transparency into key customer data, such as annual spend, is top of mind for the team right now. Out of curiosity, any specific actions youโ€™d want to take on this data? 

Anna Kepler
Message 227 of 275

Hi Anna...mostly to reward and recognize. For us in craft beer, there are always limited drops of sought-after beers that we'd love to let folks, such as our top ten spenders in a year-to-date, know about in advance. In general, things to make these folks feel special using data rather than assumptions (using my Square Marketing subscription to send coupons to these specific folks, too, ect.). You have the info...we get our #1 customer in year-end wraps all the time. The transparency to dig into that data more on the customer side would be great.

Also, semi-related, but while the all-time spending for customers is nice to have, in Illinois it's getting outdated...we're losing a lot of our best guests to moving, so the longer we're open and have data, the more this is being skewed.

Thanks for considering...would be huge for us to have.

Message 228 of 275

All I ask is the ability to transfer the detailed activity into excel at any specific date range I choose.

Message 229 of 275
Square

Can you share more details @Info1234 ? 
Transactions report has detailed activity where you can select any time range and export into Excel. Have you tried using it? 

Anna Kepler
Message 230 of 275
Beta Member

Hi,

This is not a specific question/issue I'd like to hear more about, but, whenever I'm looking for reports/information in my Square portal, I often end up having to search to find the right information. I'd like to see if you all might be updating your nav for this component, maybe making it a little easier to find things quicker.

Thanks!

G

Message 231 of 275