x

Square Retail - you have work to do before the $60.00 cost per user makes sense!

Square Retail - as another user mentioned I am disappointed.  I'm not sure you understand how we work in retail.

Add New Inventory Items in the APP - Removed - Why?  Really?

You removed the ability to create a new inventory item on the app.  This is unacceptable!!!!!  We receive new products in and use a barcode scanner to add the SKU.  The SKU is on our product and having to enter the details manually adds a risk of transposing a number etc....

We should be able to add on the fly in the app.  Is this on the roadmap?  Having to login to the dashboard is a waste of time and inefficient.  We would prefer to be able to add with the bar code -it's efficient and faster!  If anything you should be able to add the cost in this manner as well.

Open Tickets - Removed?  Why?  Really?

The Open ticket feature has been removed from the Retail app.  Why?  In order to use open ticket you have to use the POS app?  Do you really want us to use two apps.  If so - Why are we being charged $60.00 for a partially working solution?  Come on Square Retail - get your roadmap in order - please!  For those that deliver products - we need this.

Inventory Management Dashboard - is not finished!

I love the screen that is in the promos and in this community that shows the unit cost displayed.  Is their a Go Live date of when that will actually appear in the product?  Because currently it's not available.  Sure would be nice to have!

Inventory Costs - Needs work

We can't just add a unit cost on the fly.   We have to import all.  This is unacceptable.  It seems like we should be able to add in the app when we add an item.  I should be able to add one or many without the import.  Additionally the nice grid that is shown in the promo for the Inventory Management system doesn't exist.  In order to see the costs we have to print the COGS report................ AND you can't see historical costs unless you look at the purchase order............ smh 

COGS Report

Sales doesn't tie and it should.  The COGS report shows the quantity and the item but there is no Sales unless the unit costs is entered.  If the reports aren't in Synch - how do I know this system is accurate.  Sales - on the Sales Reports should equal the Sales - on the COGS report.  I called Customer Support and they said there is a delay and that it should appear the next day.  We confirmed that's not the case.  Sales item does not match COGS Report Sales and it will only appear if there is a unit costs.

I could go on and on - but this is the initial feedback after we went live.

I'll add more comments next week.  

3/29/2017

Part 2:  If you update a sales in the cart - the original and updated price appears on the receipt

I mentioned the need to use the dashboard to create new items, etc.in a previous post...  The dashboard must also be used to update sales prices as well.   If you enter change a price in the cart it only updates for that transaction.  Yea - I get it that makes sense.  However,  the price increase shows on the receipt as

Product name - 22.99 original price

New price - 23.99

I'm glad we caught this - looks like we're ripping people off if you look at the receipt when we're simply adjusting the price.

That sounds like a defect.  Good thing we caught this. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Hi @Lorraine. Thanks for taking the time to share such detailed feedback! I am definitely going to pass this along to our Retail Team. I know they're working on a lot of improvements so your insight is valuable! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 2