x

Square Terminal: Error message says another card is being used

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Terminal reading cards as double tapped

I am using the new Square Terminal.  My issue is when someone uses the tap feature the terminal will beep twice and say there is another card is being used.  I have even tried it in another room with just one card and it still double taps.  Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Strange, @LBTS - That def shouldn't be happening. Have you ran through any of these troubleshooting steps for the Square Terminal? They might fix the double tap issue. I'd check to see if the software version is up to date under Settings > General > About Register

If there isn't an up date available, try a factory reset. Your data and info are saved in our servers but you will have to reconfigure your device settings.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Best Answer

Strange, @LBTS - That def shouldn't be happening. Have you ran through any of these troubleshooting steps for the Square Terminal? They might fix the double tap issue. I'd check to see if the software version is up to date under Settings > General > About Register

If there isn't an up date available, try a factory reset. Your data and info are saved in our servers but you will have to reconfigure your device settings.

Justin
Message 2 of 4

Everything was up to date and terminal was fully charged.  Factory reset worked.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Swwweeeet 🙌 let us know if you need anything else 🙂

@LBTS

Justin
Message 4 of 4