x

Square Terminal / Multiple Locations

Hi Folks,

I own a barber shop. Everyone that works with me is a booth renter. I intend on having 1 square account with multiple locations - each barber is their own location with the shop. I'd like to have only one Square Terminal that we can all share.

Does anyone else have the same or similar setup? How annoying is it to log out/log in each time a new barber is going to run a transaction? 

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey Joe, aka @JP1980 !

You can use the terminal as you described, yes. For my business I use a terminal in multiple locations, so I only log out/log in once a week for the shift. Even that gets a little annoying to be honest.

If you are going to go this route, I would recommend setting each barber up with their own device code. This way they only have to enter a 12 digit number instead of their email and password each time.

Chances are you'll run into an issue where one barber forgets to log out and another uses their login, too.

One other option would be to consider each barber an "employee" with their own login on the system. Square has a free version of their team management package which would suffice for what you need. Then you can enable passcodes on the terminal and set the terminal to auto log off at the end of the transaction. At the end of the day, you can easily print reports showing each barber's sales and divvy money as needed.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey Joe, aka @JP1980 !

You can use the terminal as you described, yes. For my business I use a terminal in multiple locations, so I only log out/log in once a week for the shift. Even that gets a little annoying to be honest.

If you are going to go this route, I would recommend setting each barber up with their own device code. This way they only have to enter a 12 digit number instead of their email and password each time.

Chances are you'll run into an issue where one barber forgets to log out and another uses their login, too.

One other option would be to consider each barber an "employee" with their own login on the system. Square has a free version of their team management package which would suffice for what you need. Then you can enable passcodes on the terminal and set the terminal to auto log off at the end of the transaction. At the end of the day, you can easily print reports showing each barber's sales and divvy money as needed.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2