x

Square Terminal for a busy coffee shop drive thru?

We like Square and currently use them, but for our new shop aren't sure how their "terminal" would do with a person outside taking orders during peak hours from vehicles stacked in a drive thru?  Our concerns are ---- screen visibility in daytime; how far the signal length can go; how many products will fit on the screen; can the customer swipe for contactless option? 

Does anyone have any experience here?   Gratzi!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Bridge281Coffee 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here!

All good questions! I am excited that you are interested in the Terminal! From what you describe, I think it would be a great solution for your coffee shop.

We have not fielded any negative feedback in terms of screen brightness while users are selling with their Terminal outdoors. In terms of Contactless Payments, your customers can use Apple Pay, Android Pay, or Google Pay at any time with the Terminal.

I understand that you are looking for insight from other businesses who may use the Terminal in this way, and I am more than happy to leave your post up here for more input from your peers! Hopefully we can generate some helpful dialogue.

Let us know if anything else comes up! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Joe for your response… We will keep those things in consideration…

also what KDS would you recommend for use with Square?

We like fresh KDS but don’t like some of the reviews it’s getting and wondered if there was a favorite from the Square community

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Good question, @Bridge281Coffee! - I would say the most successful integration would be with Fresh KDS. We have a proven track record of Sellers who have found success with it, and the setup is extremely user friendly and simple.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I can second that.  I use Fresh KDS on a food truck and it works great for us.  Just about flawless.  The only issue we run into is if our wifi isn't working.  Which has nothing to do with Fresh KDS or Square, obviously...

Message 5 of 5