x

Square for Restaurants Now Supports Bar Code Scanning

I got an email from Alex at Square pointing out that Square for Restaurants now supports bar code scanning (thanks for remembering I wanted that Alex!.) 

This is great for my operation (quick-service sandwiches/salads) so it can move the line by scanning drinks, chips.  Anyway...  I've ordered a couple "Zebra (Symbol) LS2208" scanners to test it all out.  If anybody has experience with scanners they like/don't like with Square I'd love to hear it.  I'm assuming the support for models in the "... for Restaurants" is the same as retail Square.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @cbenson - So glad we could provide a feature that you needed! I've moved your post to another board to make it more visible to other Sellers within the Community.

Hopefully they'll be able to chime in with their barcode scanner experiences!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Square Community Moderator

Yes! With Square for Restaurants you will be able to use a Barcode Scanner to scan items already in your Inventory. However in order to add inventory you will need to use your Square Dashboard or sign out of Square for Restaurants and into Square Point of Sale as the Restaurant Application is currently unable to add or modify inventory. 

I hope this information is helpful @JeniRUS and Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 22