x
Beta Member

Square for Restaurants in Canada?

How can we activate the restaurant app on our Square POS set-up? I don't see this as an option?

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update: Square for Restaurants is now available in Canada! 🎉🎆 

Read our Product Update to learn more or get started with get started with Square for Restaurants online.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 18 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Hey @JPWilkinson, Square for Restaurants is only available in the United States at this time. 

Message 2 of 18

Do you know when it might be available in Canada?  I would be interested

Message 3 of 18
Alumni

Hey @freshpaula - No ETA to share at this time, but we'll make sure to announce if that changes in the future!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Register work with Square for Restaurants?

Any ETA on Square POS for Restaurants in Canada? Would love this ability.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 18

I was wondering if there is restaurants pos for canada yet ? 

Message 6 of 18
Admin

Updated 2021: Hello @ISTSNACKBAR! The Square for Restaurants app is now available in Canada! Learn more about Square for Restaurants in our Support Centre.

You can also use the Square POS app for a restaurant - you can create an item library, manage orders with open tickets, and connect supported hardware including kitchen and receipt printers.

I hope this helps but if you have a specific question about using Square for your business you might try to search the Community or start a new thread so we can help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 18

Is there any timeline on this being available in Canada?

We have enjoyed using Square for all of our business processing and are now adding  full bar to our menu and it would be nice to stay in the same app.

Very frustrating that it's been available in the US from years and the second rate customers to the north are getting looked over.

Message 8 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @WestOfThe5TH - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here.

And thanks for adding your voice in support of the Restaurants feature in Canada. Our Product Teams are actively working towards bringing Canadian based accounts into the Restaurants fold, but we don't have a shareable timeline just yet. Should anything come down the pipeline, we will share the news first here on this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 18

Please bring it to Canada! 

We love your Square POS for our quick service location and would love to use it at our restaurant. Very frustrated with the legacy POS.

Keep up the good work!

Message 10 of 18
Admin

Thanks for your post @TomDaBomb! We'll update this thread as soon as we have any news to share. We really appreciate your patience, and your support too, in the meantime. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 18
Admin

Calling all restaurant owner/managers in this thread - we'd love to hear from you as we work to develop Square for Restaurants (and as we work to bring it to Canada). Check out this thread and let us know how the restaurant industry is fairing in your province, city or town: Square for Restaurants - What is the state of the restaurant industry? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 18
Beta Member

@Helen and update on Square for Restaurants coming to Canada? 

James Wilkinson
Message 13 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JPWilkinson,

We update the threads as these features become available. 

So no updates to give at this time! 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 18

I am patiently waiting for Square for Restaurant in Canada.. but it’s taking forever! I don’t understand why it’s taking so long......

Message 15 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Floor Plans? How do you set them up?

I tried to follow the website and video instructions but both seem to be wrong. Any tips? Open new restaurant tomorrow...

Message 16 of 18
Admin

Hey @Unicorns.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Floor Planning is a feature that comes with Square for Restaurants, not Square POS. I can see that you're posting in the Seller Community for Canada, and unfortunately, the Square for Restaurants software is only available in the US and UK at this time. We're working on making it available in Canada, and hopefully that's something we'll have in the near future.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 17 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Update: Square for Restaurants is now available in Canada! 🎉🎆 

Read our Product Update to learn more or get started with get started with Square for Restaurants online.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 18 of 18