x

Square for Retail: Adding a store credit to a customer

Square for Retail: Adding a store credit to a customer

Has there been an update to the Square retail app or gonna be in the future to add a store credit to a customers profile on it? It would so be helpful.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to give customer store credit/voucher

Trying to give a customer a complementary $25 for hardships.  I have the Advanced Accounting so I can use gift cards.  I would like to use a 100% discount promo code to pay for this gift card but the only option is Paypal or Stripe.  How can I give a customer store credit??

206 Comments

@Helen How do I, as the store owner, find the eGift card number to add it to the Card on File? 

We are a video game store and trade-ins are part of everyday business. We need a way to track and save store credit in Square.

Admin

@GameShack To add an eGift card on file your customer could share the full card number with you.

Keep in mind there are a couple of other ways that an eGift card can be added on file:

1. When the recipient receives the email with their gift card number they can link the eGift Card to their profile too. (Ask the recipient to tap View Your eGift Card in their eGift Card eamil and follow the next steps.)
  2. If the recipient has an existing customer profile, when they order an eGift Card online, the card will automatically be added as a card on file to their profile. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: In-store credit

How do I record and accept “payment” via in-store credit? We keep a manual account for each customer on file here; however, for tracking purposes I would like to record this in Square, so that it is reflected in my sales reports. 

Admin

Hello @DragonflyM! I've moved your post to another thread so you can see the current workaround for this — there isn't a store credit feature built in to Square Point of Sale yet.

I don't have a timeline for when this might available but we'll share any updates with everyone in this thread as soon as we have them! 

This is a huge problem.  This should be a no brainer and not that hard to implement for Square.  There is definitely an alternative motive here.  Square wants people to buy gift cards.  That's it.  Square has no intention of implementing an in-store credit option. 

Another clue is that this thread is labled "Solved: Square for Retail Ad...." in the tab header... not sure how this is determined, but this is NOT solved and is still desperately needed.

How is this the BEST answer...it's not an answer, it's a diversion to a different feature. We need STORE CREDIT options now.

So this thread was created 11-17-2017 ....any updates? I am currently tracking a number of issues that Square does not do and is very common in most POS systems. Since a lot of these issues have been around for years with no traction, I am assuming Square has no intention of fixing these issues. That means very soon now we will be performing our annual services review and determining if we should move in a different direction.

Hello @bzl3bp and @Sctn4elk

I can provide context into the best answer and how we prioritize feature requests. 

We use Best Answer when a question has an official solution from the Community Team, or a member posts a work around. If there are changes to a product, we update the best answer accordingly. 

When it comes to feature requests we take into account seller feedback, engineering resources, build time, and existing workarounds. The Community Team will update threads if there is progress on a feature request and we will update the best answer accordingly. 

If a feature is never going to be implemented, we will update the Best Answer on the corresponding thread. 

Understood, but the question was about Store Credit....issuing a gift card is not a viable work-around nor is it a good answer for the question. A better answer would be, "there is currently no way to issue store credit".