x

Square for Retail: Adding a store credit to a customer

Square for Retail: Adding a store credit to a customer

Has there been an update to the Square retail app or gonna be in the future to add a store credit to a customers profile on it? It would so be helpful.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to give customer store credit/voucher

Trying to give a customer a complementary $25 for hardships.  I have the Advanced Accounting so I can use gift cards.  I would like to use a 100% discount promo code to pay for this gift card but the only option is Paypal or Stripe.  How can I give a customer store credit??

206 Comments

It's time Square makes this feature available to shops.  I'm sure Square doesn't see the value due to it not generating revenue directly for Square but it is truly an intangible benefit to the the shops that use this system and could be a differentiation in the market place for Square.

Get with it and make the feature available.

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @wrecksmcree - thanks for adding your voice here.

We definitely do see the value in this feature. Our engineers work diligently through thousands of feature requests every week, and have to make the incredibly difficult determination as to which features should be implemented before others. Once a decision is made, then the prolonged period of beta testing, and trial and error begin. This is often timely work.

That being said, we appreciate your patience. When we have more news to share on this feature, we will be sure to update everyone here.

So is this one of the features being tested, or still out at pasture?

Hi @GrandpasPopcorn!

It's not in testing at this time but if it ever is- our beta managers will be sure to update the thread!

Beta Member

How is this not a thing yet? 

Hi @Alexlaawson! Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry this feature hasn't been implemented yet.

Our Product Team is tracking requests and you can read more about how a feature request works here if you're interested!

Hopefully this will be something to come in future improvements!

Discounts, Returns, Promotions, Exchanges.   These are just a few reasons why a Store Credit feature in Square is necessary.   

I fully understand that Square is in the business to make money, and they make money off of Credit Card Processing, but enabling store credit will encourage customers to come back to your store.  And when they come back to your store, they spend more money.  This is a fact.   This feature should have been an original feature, not a "wait for" add on.   

I add this to the list of disappointing exclusions from this system.   I have only been on this program for a short while, but missing features like this one is the reason I spend more and more time browsing for other POS options.  

Please square, don't make me switch to something else.   Fix this and also add "house accounts".   The lack of these two features is laughable.

Super Seller

For store credit on a return we often use gift cards. Although it would be handy if square allowed us to do any refund to gift card rather than making it go back on a credit card. 

Hey @CopyCopy1 and @MichiganFarmsta!

I moved your posts to an existing thread for this feature request so our Product Team can track them all in one place.

Thanks for your feedback on this and thank you @MichiganFarmsta for providing the answer to a workaround that our sellers use. 🙂

A gift card is a horrible work-around and the lack of store credit is a disservice to us and our customers. There are a handful of issues that Square needs to address and these issues are why I do not use any of the Square services that cost money. 

Please relay to Square Management that we REQUIRE that you add the Store Credit option and fix the issue with Multiple Categories.