x
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Square now supports scales!

Hi @scottlyttle530!

I don't have a timeframe to give at this moment as to when it'll be back unfortunately. 

@Wyeth do you have any more insight into this? 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 40
Highlighted
Square

Hi, @ashc and @scottlyttle530

I know the printer integration is a popular request that we're hoping to offer in the future, but I don't have a timeline at the moment. 

As to the scale availability — @saumaya, do you have any insights into when the scale will be back in stock? 

Thanks, team! 😀

Message 12 of 40
Highlighted
Square

We are looking at the October timeframe to restock. In the meantime you can order a Star scale directly from their website! 

Message 13 of 40
Highlighted

Thanks. Do you know if they have a compatible print for the scale that can print labels? 

Message 14 of 40
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @scottlyttle530

See Wyeth's post above about printer integrations. It looks like it's not available at this time but a popular feature request. 

Ashley C
Message 15 of 40
Highlighted

Hi! This is more of a procedural/tech question. Once you pair the scale to the iPad. After you set up everything, when you put something on the scale will you need to press a button on the scale to “send” it to the iPad? I’m hoping once you put something on the scale it will just populate the weight onscreen and add to your ticket. I’m trying to keep button pushing on the scale to a minimum. Thanks! So excited! 

Message 16 of 40
Highlighted
Admin

@JenD17 @MichiganFarmsta- The scale we support - Star Micronics mG-S8200 -  transmits the weight of your items to the POS app and computes the price automatically, eliminating all that extra work and button pushing mentioned above. 

Specific to your other question @MichiganFarmsta, As far as using other unsupported scales, feel free to try them out (let us know how it goes), but there's a chance they may not work or may work intermittently since we haven't tested them and cannot guarantee compatibility. 

Justin
Message 17 of 40
Highlighted
Square

Message 18 of 40
Highlighted

I am happy to see you working this direction!  But I should hope that future scales integrate with square register.  

I would like a better explanation of work flow through the POS.  I want to know how this is going to increase speed and accuracy at check out.  Right now we have a price computing scale.  The work flow is as follows 1) Put item on scale 2) Select Price on scale (pre-programmed) 3) Move from scale to register 4) Select Item 5) Input variable price 6) Press Add or +. 7) Remove item for scale.  The current workflow requires several button pushes.

What is the quickest work flow that we will see with the integrated scale?  Is it possible to select the item and weigh it with one button push on item grid? 

This is a cute little scale.  But in a fast pace setting we need one with larger surface and more capacity.

Message 19 of 40
Highlighted
Square

Hey @MichiganFarmsta , we are working on bringing scale integration to the Register at the moment and will be supporting a USB scale with a larger pan and capacity. Look out for an update in the very near future!. 

We will not require you to push any buttons with this upcoming integration. You can simply create an Item in your Catalog with the price per pound (or grams, or kilos, etc) assigned. You can then weigh the Item during Checkout on the scale and we automatically calculate the item price based on the weight reading from the scale - no button pressing needed. 

Message 20 of 40