x
Highlighted

Re: Square now supports scales!

Hi! Is there an update to the scale with the USB connection and larger pan? I have an ipad pos at the moment and a bluetooth scale with my current software. Waiting for this next update to be able to drop them and switch from just processing with square to processing and pos software with all square. Thanks!

Message 21 of 40
Highlighted

Is it possible that other "unsupported" bluetooth scales work with the Ipad?  
For example I am using omni-directional scanners that are not supported by square with success.

Message 22 of 40
Highlighted
Admin

This post was updated in 2020 to include information about support for all scales in the Brecknell 6700U series.

@MichiganFarmsta 

We wanted to make you aware of a product update we've just posted. Square Point of Sale now supports Brecknell scales on Android devices.

You can now connect the Brecknell 6710U scale (or any models in the Brecknell 6700U series) to your Android phone or tablet to get weight readings automatically and check out your customers faster. We would love for you to give it a try and let us know about your experience!

You can read more about this product update here: Square Point of Sale now supports Brecknell scales on Android devices.

kellyj
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 23 of 40
Highlighted

If you guys could get a variable weight barcode to work than everyone’s problems would be solved.

Message 24 of 40
Highlighted

@kellyj when will Square for Retail on Square Stand / iPad integrate with the Square bluetooth scale?

Message 25 of 40
Highlighted
Admin

I'm hopping in here for kelly- but good question @policenauts!

I checked with our Product team on this one and it doesn't look like there's anything actively in the works to be able to work with Square for Retail. As of right now, the bluetooth scale can work with just the Square POS app. 

If this changes, we'll report back!

Nika_S
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 40
Highlighted

Hi, just in case I missed something. I have the square stand and the app. Is there an update yet on a scale that can be plugged in via usb? Is there still only the one Bluetooth scale that works with the iPad in a square stand currently? Also, is there a video or guide on the process using the scale during a checkout? Thanks!

Message 27 of 40
Highlighted
Square

Hey @JenD17 not yet but we are actively working on this and should have a solution for you soon. Stay tuned! 

Curious - what scale is your business currently using?

Message 28 of 40
Highlighted

I apologize for the delay in response, I didn't realize you had responded. We use the Tor Rey L-EQ bluetooth scale. 

So under what conditions can you use your new usb connected scale? I looked at the scale and under compatibility it mentions Square Register, Square terminal and android. However, a post from a week ago said it's not compatible with SR or ST. I have a ipad in a square stand with a hub. I'm just trying to figure out how I can swing this and what equipment I have now that can be used to do so. I went with Square when I signed up with Lavu but I was informed that the partnership is over so I will need to change over to one or the other. 😞

Message 29 of 40
Highlighted

Small farm taking orders and adjusting prices for actual weight of items?

I work with a small farm and we are trying to take pre-orders in an effort to reduce contact due to the virus. The challenge is that some items are sold by weight and would need to be weighed at the time of filling the order, so there would need to be a price adjustment.
Is it possible to set up such a system?

Thanks!!

Message 30 of 40