x

Square reader continuously breaks despite replacing 4 times

I've been using Square for over a year now and have had the same recurring issue. After 1-3 months of use the stand stops connecting to the iPad. It will connect for a second, then disconnect for a second, then connect again for a second, and so on... as if the connection is loose. Even though I've replaced it at least 5 times, the same issue keeps happening. I haven't had any stand last longer than 3 months. When I call Square customer support every rep has told me the same thing: it's a weird thing to happen and they've never heard of this happening before. I'm trying to figure out what's going on. My POS is not used by customers - only by my two employees and I. We're low volume so the POS doesn't see much wear and tear or abuse at all.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's a very strange thing to keep happening over and over. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I think we need a little clarity to be able to help fully. 

What products are you actually using? 

Is it a reader loosing BT connection, a Square Stand loosing a USB connection to the reader or a Square Stand loosing connection to an iPad placed in it? 

If it's happened 3 times it could be an issue with your iPad and this is the onyl constant throughout. Normal question of doe it work with other lightening cable connecitons & is all the software any system all up-to-date? 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 2