x

Square register cost of goods

I have a square register currently, i would like to see cost of goods and in stock inventory cost. I understand that I need square for retail to process this info. If i do get square for retail will the inventory link with the inventory on my register as items are sold? 

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @kellisaylor7,

Thanks for bringing this up. At this time, the ability to use Square for Retail, which includes cost of goods reporting, with Square Register is not available. Our Retail Team is tracking this request and I'll be sure to share your post with them.

Right now, you would need to use Square for Retail on an iPad/with Square Stand to view this information. I realize that this isn't ideal if you're already set up with Square Register. We'll announce any updates as soon as they become available!

Please let me know if any questions or concerns remain.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Inventory cost and EOM reports

Just started using square register pos, how do i generate end of month inventory reports as well as inputting cost of inventory. 

Message 2 of 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @kellisaylor7,

Thanks for bringing this up. At this time, the ability to use Square for Retail, which includes cost of goods reporting, with Square Register is not available. Our Retail Team is tracking this request and I'll be sure to share your post with them.

Right now, you would need to use Square for Retail on an iPad/with Square Stand to view this information. I realize that this isn't ideal if you're already set up with Square Register. We'll announce any updates as soon as they become available!

Please let me know if any questions or concerns remain.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 9

Hello Tom!  Any updates on this report- (Showing COG sold filtered by vendor)?

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Any update on this?

Message 5 of 9

I see cost of good sold reporting by category but not by vendor.  The vendor report only shows gross sales but not cost of goods sold.  Ultimately my goal is to see profit margin by vendor vs. category.

Message 6 of 9
Super Seller

Do you have Retail plus? This is a report that’s available with this service. 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Forager2021 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 I see this is one of your first posts here so additionally, welcome to the Community! 🎉

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed the Cost of Goods Sold reporting feature.

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @Tom, which has been marked as the Best Answer.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for the welcome!  I know square register is limited (wish I did the ipad version!).  I can see COG reporting on the back end via my Mac just fine, I just can find a report, filter, download, etc.  that will let me see this by vendor.  I can only look a the data by timeframe, category, or individual item.  Would love to see this by vendor.

Message 9 of 9