x

Square registers need multiple reboots to fix bugs

We have a six unit network with a multiple locations. We have had recurring issues requiring a reboot of the terminal. This has happened on each of our units. Usually the issue starts with customer facing display not connectind or not reading a chip. We have tried unplugging the CFD but the only thing that will fix it is a reboot. 

Other scinarios have also required a reboot: Unit not connecting to the internet. A beboot seems to fix it; Unit not registering that someone is clocked in/out. A reboot seems to fix it.

We are now at the point that we need to reboot most of our machines at least once per day. Usually it is to fix an issue related to the CFD.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @OntheBeach, I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering with your Registers. You shouldn't have to reboot so frequently. 🤔

Is your customer facing display docked or undocked? I wanted to surface some additional troubleshooting tips that usually resolve these kinds of issues right away: Display Troubleshooting. Hopefully, those help get everything back on track. If not, I would suggest getting in touch with our Customer Success Team. They'll be able to take a deeper dive and escalate further if necessary.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2