x

Stand Alone Tap Donations on Square Reader?

Morning,

i will be holding an event soon with a £2 entry fee. Is there any way to have the Square terminal (or tap and go) setup so that it just charges that automatically to each card presented as opposed to having to select the item each time on the app and then o through checkout?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Accepting same payment multiple times]

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Chris02 👋 thanks for your post! 

It is not currently possible to use the Square reader as a self-serve, ‘tap to donate’ solution. The Square reader cannot be pre-set to charge only specific amounts and requires the user to manually enter each transaction at checkout.

I know that other sellers have worked with companies such as GiveTap or Give Star for charity donations, so that may be something you can look into. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Chris02 👋 thanks for your post! 

It is not currently possible to use the Square reader as a self-serve, ‘tap to donate’ solution. The Square reader cannot be pre-set to charge only specific amounts and requires the user to manually enter each transaction at checkout.

I know that other sellers have worked with companies such as GiveTap or Give Star for charity donations, so that may be something you can look into. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

Hey @Chris02 - no, as @Breffni said it's not something available right now. I've seen it as a request a few times over so it's safe to say that it's on their radar already. 

If this is a one time event then I'd just it up as an item and speed through the checkout as quickly as possible. check your setting to disable things like 'review cart' and skip the receipt screen to speed things up a little. 

Some good 3rd party alternatives have been linked - but adding extra fees right now feels like a backwards step depending on how you're set up. 

In any case - I hope your event goes really well! 

Message 3 of 3