x

Stock Updates Adjusted Manually in Square Dashboard Not Reflected In Weebly

I've been working on setting up a new online store (Square integrated with Weebly) and am basically ready to publish it. I took an inventory recount of two items with several variations today and updated the stock counts as well as SKUs through Square Dashboard at noon. 3.5 hours later, the updates are still not reflected in Weebly. I'm now waiting to launch my site until those items update and fear I'll have to painstakingly enter everything again. I chose to update through Square Dashboard because the format is quicker and the page doesn't reload between data input like it does via Weebly. I've reached out to a rep and he informed me it should only take a minute to update. This isn't the first time it's happened, though it's the most data I could stand to loose. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It's compounding my stress of launching a new online shop 😕

T.Best
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

@planthouse - Eek sorry for the trouble. It's never our intention to add more stress leading up to your store launch. 

Inventory counts will reflect on Weebly's side as long as Square Sync is enabled in Settings > Square Sync. Have you checked your Online Store Dashboard to ensure the sync is turned on? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hi Justin,

With my account, I don't even have the option to turn that on or off. 

Copy/Paste from the section you mentioned: 

The following product information will always be synced with Square. This means that this information will always match when updated in either your online store or Square Item Library.

• Product title
  • Price
  • Product ID (SKU)
  • Stock
  • Options
  • Modifiers

But I have still checked that area of settings many times. The only thing I've intentionally not synced is item descriptions and I'm having no issues there. 

Since an item with many variations I loaded into Square didn't even update in Weebly after days of waiting, I deleted it late last night and recreated the item using the Weebly Dashboard. It then updated in Square Dashboard. But it would not work the other way around. And I've experienced the same issue with other items as well. 

That was my last resort because I absolutely did not want to input tedious information twice but I did. And I've done that task a lot during set up. The message I was receiving last night was that the item SKU wasn't connected to any location and gave me a link to Square. Which then redirected me back to Weebly. That item was in fact connected to the location I've been working on. It was stuck in the middle somewhere without belonging anywhere. So I just deleted it and started over. The key being I created it within Weebly. I could probably create an item in Square but from my experience, there's no reliability with that. Many items and their variations, SKUS and stocks have shown accurately in Square but not at all or partially within Weebly Dashboard. It's not pushing through for some reason. I've explained this many times to multiple people and have yet to receive any answer to be helpful.

My frustration, in part, is efficiency. It takes so long to update stock in Weebly. So much loading in between every input and then you can't see your updates in editor real-time..you must save and re-open that item to ensure updates have been made. Not a huge issue if you have to manually update something here or there, but creating a complex item with variation sets and different stock counts becomes incredibly time consuming. Accomplishing the same task in Square can be done within minutes. But if it doesn't push to Weebly, that "time saved" is for nothing.

If the rule of thumb is to always batch edit in Weebly, why can't that be stated somewhere? All I've read in threads, tutorials, responses, etc has been that they sync both ways. A change made in one dashboard = the same change made in the other. And I was told this should happen within a matter of a minute or two.

T.Best
Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@planthouse thank you for explaining this. I've noticed this as well, that sellers have better luck with the sync when editing items on the Weebly side. I think your feedback is immensely helpful and I'm so happy to have received this so that I can send this to our team. 

I will keep digging to try and find an answer to your item sync question, but it may take some time as I am going to loop in engineering. 

Thanks for your patience while we work together on this. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 7

Ashley,

You are the first person to understand and validate my concerns. I’ve reached out directly to customer service representatives and I will never again do that. They have been dismissive, condescending, and slow to respond with very basic-level suggestions. I’ve lost work, sleep, and quality time with my family because of these issues yet Square and Weebly don’t seem to care. Which has caused me to send very emotional emails. I have been a loyal customer for 6 years. I’ve repaid several capital loans. I’m asking for what is advertised and marketed to be reliable functions to actually work, and I’ve not received that. I made a decision to stay with Square instead of moving to Shopify or attempting to integrate it. You know why? Because Square and Weebly advertised and reassured via direct emails that this route was the ONLY way to have 100% synchronicity. That’s false advertisement. Engineering looked into my account and fixed two of the items. I was then left without a response for days regarding another and I didn’t even attempt to reach out for issues before that. It’s been a frustrating process. I can’t imagine actually being open to the public with my brick and mortar and somehow simultaneously sorting through these issues. 

T.Best
Message 5 of 7

I've been a Square customer since 2014 with my small brick and mortar shop and began creating an online store with the Weebly/Square integration April 20th, 2020. I've just launched it, but I'm quickly realizing manual changes (non-transactional) made to inventory - item names, their variations, stock recounts, SKUS - take HOURS to sync and sometimes do not sync at all. My brick and mortar is still closed because of covid-19, but as I think about reopening and rehiring, this syncing is going to be a huge complication for even basic level operations. I have so much time and effort into building this website and was hopeful it would be a solid growth opportunity for my small business. I have not been using Square Register POS for set up since I've been home. So all of my changes have been made through both Square Dashboard and the Weebly Dashboard. Customer service reps have been a mix of somewhat helpful and apathetic.

I have intentionally turned off item "description" syncing - everything else is set to sync. I have left this option off because Weebly states you have to ability to include rich text options such as bold, italics, bullets, and numbers if it's not synced with Square. So that's what I've done. I also have some info that makes sense to include within an item on my website but not in a description for Register receipts. I've encountered a lot of glitches with the item descriptions (formatting) that I've learned to live with and fix over and over again - spacing to be exact. Spaces are entered or deleted in strange places and I spend too much time reformatting it, refreshing the page, opening the site to see if another space has been added or deleted, opening Weebly again to edit it. Madness. 

But the syncing matter with names, SKUs, stock counts, and item variations is very problematic. 

Has anyone experienced this? Is it just my account? Engineering looked at one item yesterday and that one item was fixed (6 hours after I updated the SKUs, stock, and item variations).

What do I do from here? Email a rep for every other item? Every day?

T.Best
Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@planthouse I'm happy to be able to help. I will do my best to dig up a solution for you and other sellers who are going through this. 

Just out of curiosity - do you have any API integrations with Weebly or any other eCommerce partners? I'm wondering if this has an impact on your integrations with us through the new online store. 

AshleyK
Message 7 of 7