x

Subscription charge?

Hello, I just installed the Square Reader app on my phone, and after  putting in my profile info, it is telling me that I have to sign up for a subscription month-to-month, or annually. What is this, and do I have to sign up for it? Please answer as soon as possible. Thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I have the same question, please update because I don't wanna be charged for anything. I was just trying to link my account for transaction purposes not a subscription.

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi All. The the Square Register app is free, and there is no monthly charge or subscription fee to take payments with the Square Register app. Only the per transaction fee. Once you download Square Register onto your smart phone and open the app, you'll hit "Sign In" and enter your email address and password. 

While we do have a few subscription services available, you would only be charged if you manually signed up through your Square Dashboard. You can double check that you're not subscribed to any additional services in your Square Dashboards Pricing & Services section. 

Message 3 of 5

I just want to make sure I did not subscribe as I am new.  I put in my card information and it will not let me "cancel" .  Under the Pricing and Services there is nothing else checked.  I just want to verify I did not accidentally sign up for a monthly service

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Ray4!

While we can't jump into your account and check on this here from the Seller Community, you can always check your active subscriptions directly from your Online Dashboard by navigating to the Pricing & Subscriptions tab within your Account Settings.

Let me know if that is helpful!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5