x
Alumni

Support for new receipt printers! ๐Ÿ–จ ๐ŸŽ‰

Hi everyone,

Starting today, weโ€™re adding more supported receipt printers! ๐Ÿ–จ  ๐Ÿ’ช  

Weโ€™re hoping this gives you some more freedom to choose the printer that works best for your business - whether itโ€™s Star Micronics or Epson, and whether it connects to your device via Bluetooth, Ethernet, or USB.

The following printers are now compatible with the Square Point of Sale app on iOS devices:

• Epson TM-T20II USB, Bluetooth, and Ethernet models
  • Epson TM-m10, this model supports both USB and Ethernet
  • Epson TM-U220 Ethernet
  • Star Micronics mPop - this new Star Micronics model combines both a bluetooth receipt printer and cash drawer

As always, you can read more info about supported hardware in our Support Center.

Thanks again for your feedback about the need for more receipt printing options, and let us know what you think!

Message 1 of 17
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Support for 5 new receipt printers! 5๏ธโƒฃ ๐Ÿ–จ ๐ŸŽ‰

Hi again! Wanted to let everyone know this issue as been resolved, and these printers should now be available if you're running the latest version of the app. Thanks for your patience! 

16 REPLIES 16
Super Seller Alumni

This is why we LOVE Square. Keeps on getting better and better! 

Message 2 of 17
Alumni

Hi all,  a quick update - we had to temporarily roll back this feature as it introduced a bug we need to fix first. I will make sure to update the community here when we roll out again.

Thanks for the comment, @Ron!

Message 3 of 17
Alumni

Hi again! Wanted to let everyone know this issue as been resolved, and these printers should now be available if you're running the latest version of the app. Thanks for your patience! 

Message 4 of 17

Hi Kpay, our Epson m10 will mostly print first half of receipt proper and rest half all weird symbols and characters you can imagine.  When this happens, printer wonโ€™t even print through USB test printer inside square print station.  Sometimes, a warning light indicator in amber colour is visible next to power light.  We have to power off the printer and then power back on for it to resume print. 

Please help, our store is new and it is happening so many times that it is embarrassing.

Irfan

Message 5 of 17
Admin

@Vwfoodmarket I'm very sorry for the frustration that this is causing, that certainly doesn't sound normal. If you haven't already, I suggest going through each of these USB printer troubleshooting steps.

If the printer continues to print strange symbols, please contact our CS team directly so they can escalate this to our engineering team to investigate further.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 17

Thx..the problem is still there..really difficult for us

Message 7 of 17
Admin

Oh no! If you're having trouble calling in send me a private message so I can help! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 17

I have   hp envy 5540 wireless I can print off of that 

Message 9 of 17

Is this for Android as well? I see it says iOS.

Message 10 of 17
Admin

@DaniF The Epson printers listed above are only compatible with iOS devices (specifically iPads). I'll share your interest in using an Epson printer with an Android device with the Hardware Team! 

@wildlydelish Apologies for the late reply, currently HP printers are not supported with Square Point of Sale. If we have any updates on that we'll definitely let everyone know here in the Community! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 17

As we are android users, what printers are compatible?

Message 12 of 17
Admin

Hey @DaniF, check out this Support Center article for a list of printers that are supported with Android devices.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 13 of 17

HI, I have the Epson T20ii Ethernet , with the Square Stand and I could not find a way to connect the printer to the Square stand.

Can you provide a step by step guide? 

Thank you.

Message 14 of 17
Admin

Hello @Souchi! The steps to connect an ethernet printer to Square are in this Support Center article.

This article isn't specific to a particular printer, but if you're having trouble pleasecall our CS team so we can help you get set up! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 15 of 17

SOS! 

I am am trying to connect my EPSON U220B impact kitchen printer to my Square Stand. We are connected to the same internet, but the printer does not appear in the โ€˜Select Printerโ€™ section of the โ€˜Printer Setupโ€™ section. 

Please tell me Iโ€™m missing something so simple and this can be fixed through the help of this wonderful community! 

With sincere hopes, 

Pulling My Hair Out. 

Message 16 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Clare ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! So sorry to hear about the trouble with your printer connectivity to your Square Stand! We are here to help!

Were any of these troubleshooting steps above able to make a difference here? If you confirmed that there is no issue from an internet/ethernet standpoint, I would recommend making sure that your POS app is fully up to date with the most current software. Same goes for the software on your actual iPad, as well - double check to make sure you are fully up to date here as well. 

Let me know if that makes any difference! I will keep an eye out for your reply. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 17 of 17