x

Suspicious email asking Square users to re-verify your bank account due to a recent server upgrade.

I've contacted support, but it's the weekend. There was a similar post here about a month ago, with no real resolution. I suspect phishing, since the email address it comes from is different than the usual ones. When I log in to my account, my linked bank account says it is still verified. When I inspect the embedded link in the email, it appears to go to a URL with a non-square name (Mindset blessings) Here is the email I received from Square@docllccommunication.org Beware! Here's Square's phishing info page: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5571-recognize-and-report-phishing-scams

[Action Required] Verify your linked bank account
Hello,
Due to some recent upgrade on our server you need to verify your linked bank account in order to receive deposit
To verify your bank account, Square will deposit and withdraw a small amount (less than $1.00) from your new bank account.
You will receive a notice once your linked bank account has been verified.
START VERIFICATION
Failure to do this , we will not be able to deposit funds into your linked bank account.
Visit the Square Support Center for more information on the bank verification process.
If this button has expired, resubmit your new bank account information.
Thanks,
The Square Team
© 2016 SQUARE, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
1455 MARKET STREET, SUITE 600, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Definitely looks fishy! Forward it to spoof@squareup.com and do not click on the link. Great job with checking the details of the email and verifying that your account looks normal by logging in directly!

Message 2 of 2