x
Alumni

Takeaways and Swag: what do you use?

Hi everyone, happy Monday!

I recently came across this article from Bon Appetit: The Best Way to Remember a Meal Is to Steal the Pen. 🖊 It's all about how branded pens have totally replaced the branded matchbook, and how businesses are encouraging their customers to take pens with them as a way to keep their brand top of mind. 

As the owner of a purse filled with several branded pens...this got me thinking, does everyone use pens? I see a lot of branded resusable shopping bags out there too (looking at you, @sciabica1936!) - what other swag do you give out? What has been successful for you and what do your customers like to receive? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller Alumni

We actually use loyalty cards. One card for our Combos and one card just for our Fresh Cut Fries. We see so much repeat business because of these cards and people love getting free things.

Message 2 of 13
Alumni

Thanks @Ron! Do you guys have t-shirts or any other swag for sale or that you give out for free? I think I already know the answer to this - if you had t-shirts for sale, I would have definitely already bought one 😉 

Message 3 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

We would love to have t-shirts but because of our fryers going everything smells like french fries and we don't want to have everyone walking around smelling like fries...but then again...maybe it would make people hungry. 🙂

Message 4 of 13
Alumni

👕  + 🍟  = 😂  

Message 5 of 13
Super Seller

We don't give out any swag (unless feeling very generous). But we do sell Tshirts and canvas tote bags. We designed and print our own shirts and bags in store. We buy large rolls of canvas from a Singer warehouse in town, and we hired one of our customers (who is a seamstress) to design and sew the bags together. It is pretty cool to see your gear being sported around town. And people really seem to appreciate the "home-brew" approach to it all. 

Message 6 of 13
Alumni

@LocavoreStore I love that one of your customers is involved in producing your branded gear! The perfect way to give back to the community and show your support for them. Love it. 🙌

Message 7 of 13

Our retail location gives away pins to anyone who visits. We change the size and style up every so often. Our customer base falls in love with them!

Also not really swag, but we always keep local shopping guides in the storefront; our city gives books out to shops to distribute and our customers are appreciative of them. 

Message 8 of 13
Alumni

Those pins are adorable, @samweber! But then again I pretty much love all things Rifle Paper Co. 😻 Do you have a lot of retail locations?

Also good tip on giving out the local shopping guides. Do you know if it's the city chamber of commerce who provides those? 

Message 9 of 13

I use the refrigerator magnets which is made to look like our business cards. I deal in children's items so they are perfect for parents to use to display their childs artwork.... then think of coming to shop with us 😊

Message 10 of 13
Alumni

@Tritter82, great idea! Do you order your magnets from a vendor, or make them yourself? In addition to being used to display artwork, I bet the kids like to play with the magnets themselves, too!  😀

Message 11 of 13

I order them from Vista prints. (I apologize if I'm not allowed to mention a retailer and understand if its deleted)

They are very reasonably priced.

Yes, I'm sure you're right the kids enjoy playing with them too.

Message 12 of 13
Alumni

No worries - it's ok to mention a retailer in this context, and it's likely helpful for other sellers here. I've used Vista prints too and agree that it's been very reasonably-priced. Thanks for the reply!  

Message 13 of 13