x

Taking mobile off site payments

I have been invited to take part in a food fair and would like to be able to take card payments ( my retail shop will be open at the same time ) Am I able to do this remotely on a mobile phone? And if so how.... Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi there @Rachael71

Square has multiple options for your situationโ€ฆ

You can set up QR codes, enabling self serve via the online checkout, this means customers are able to pay without having to be served by you.

You also have the option of the Square Reader at a one time cost of ยฃ16, and continuous fees at the standard Square POS rate of 1.75%, per transaction.

With the Square Reader, you can accept contactless payments as well as chip and pin, contactless payments can be made through any valid card provided by a Square supported network such as Visa or MasterCard, this option also works with Apple Pay and Google Pay. 

Please be aware that to accept chip and pin payment via the reader, the customer has to input their pin on the device that you are running the Square POS app on that is connected to your Square Reader, meaning passing your personal mobile device to customers, which may not be advisable/desirable in the current global pandemic.

Please also note that for all types of payment via card using Square you must have an internet connection on the device the payment is being processed on, this means to accept via the Square Reader you must have an internet connection on the device running the Square POS software, and to accept via QR codes, the customer must also be able to access an internet connection to both access the online checkout, and complete the sale. 

Please finally note, Square does provide other POS solutions, such as the Square Terminal [ยฃ149+VAT], or the Square Register [ยฃ599+VAT] (ยฃ120 off until June 21st 2021 with code REGISTER120), these are purchased at a higher cost, as well as the 1.75% fee per transaction, but are available if your business is in the market for a fully integrated POS system.

If this post has helped you to make a decision on the best solution for you, please like the reply and mark it as best answer, this helps future sellers with similar questions to find their answers faster! 

Please feel free to revisit the Seller Community at any time for support, and I wish you all the best.

- Matt, MJD Photography

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi there @Rachael71

Square has multiple options for your situationโ€ฆ

You can set up QR codes, enabling self serve via the online checkout, this means customers are able to pay without having to be served by you.

You also have the option of the Square Reader at a one time cost of ยฃ16, and continuous fees at the standard Square POS rate of 1.75%, per transaction.

With the Square Reader, you can accept contactless payments as well as chip and pin, contactless payments can be made through any valid card provided by a Square supported network such as Visa or MasterCard, this option also works with Apple Pay and Google Pay. 

Please be aware that to accept chip and pin payment via the reader, the customer has to input their pin on the device that you are running the Square POS app on that is connected to your Square Reader, meaning passing your personal mobile device to customers, which may not be advisable/desirable in the current global pandemic.

Please also note that for all types of payment via card using Square you must have an internet connection on the device the payment is being processed on, this means to accept via the Square Reader you must have an internet connection on the device running the Square POS software, and to accept via QR codes, the customer must also be able to access an internet connection to both access the online checkout, and complete the sale. 

Please finally note, Square does provide other POS solutions, such as the Square Terminal [ยฃ149+VAT], or the Square Register [ยฃ599+VAT] (ยฃ120 off until June 21st 2021 with code REGISTER120), these are purchased at a higher cost, as well as the 1.75% fee per transaction, but are available if your business is in the market for a fully integrated POS system.

If this post has helped you to make a decision on the best solution for you, please like the reply and mark it as best answer, this helps future sellers with similar questions to find their answers faster! 

Please feel free to revisit the Seller Community at any time for support, and I wish you all the best.

- Matt, MJD Photography

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 2