x

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Beta Member

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Title changed from "invoice HELP" to "Is there a way to see all of one customer's invoices together?" 

Do you think Square will make invoices where you can see all of one customers invoices together? I would like the option to see all of their invoices on their square profile. That way they can pay their full balance together, instead of seperate. They also need more options under the invoice feature. More detailed reports and more. With a couple of updates to invoices, it would be a great feature! Do not currently use because of this!!! 

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Create report of payments due and export as a list?

Let's see if this would work for you, @ericinLA!

From your Dashboard > InvoicesReports. You can select up to 10 invoices for a customer and send a customer statement.

Locate the customer, then click the three dots to the far right of that line > select Send reminders

This will allow you to include up to 10 outstanding invoices in 1 email, and your customer can click each link to pay.
This is an example of what your customer will see:

Let me know if this is more what you are looking to do!  

132 Comments
Beta Member

This would help us as well though in a different way.  I often do invoices for a job which most people pickup and pay for in person at the same time.  Many cases they want to add something else.  In most cases it might be small and an invoice for it may be overkill but as it is I have to treat them like two completely separate sales so this could be a work around.

Just today someone picked up a repair and decided to buy a guitar too which I had to do 2 transactions for.  That would be a great case scenario for this feature!

The other way I thought might work for all of us is to be able to treat the invoice like an item in checkout.  You could do multiple invoice/items in one sale.  It could say "Invoice #12345" with the amount due

Admin

@BudgetBins Sorry to say there aren't any updates on this. Thanks for hanging in there.

@cmusicshop Thank you for providing that context on why this would be beneficial for you! Our Product Team likes to know this type of information!

I am trying to pay multiple invoices with a check...

Square Community Moderator

Hi @LuckyHen,

Since it's cash/check, that is just recorded in our system for your own reporting purposes but you can mark them both as paid in Other since we don't process the actual check itself. 

@nika 

As a Transportation company many of our clients request to hold open an invoice till payday, etc.

This feature would be very valuable to us, as it would maximize our efforts when settling accounts.

As it is, we have to Bill a master invoice for a total, then close the separate invoices as other payments, which throws off the reports, as they are now useless.

I'm frustrated that this request has been open since 2018, work no headway, from a company that has said, user input is very important to them.

@cmusicshop  and @BudgetBins cannot be the only clients of square that need this feature.

Admin

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused @KnR_Transport. I checked in again to see if there has been any development but unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything new to share. I promise you that your requests are not being ignored. It's all a matter of prioritizing the many requests that come in each day. We will definitely notify you if there is progress on this feature!

I realize that being able to merge invoices will cut the ‘per transaction fee’ that square users are charged but I hope that isn’t a factor into not having this service available.  Our customers are charged monthly for services and some get behind. Then when they pay to catch-up, I have to apply the one payment to 2 or 3 outstanding invoices. It’s very time consuming and our customers ask if they are getting a charge per transaction fee. Please let me know when merging invoices will become available. Thanks

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for taking the time to give some context to this, @Bestfour. Any updates to merging Invoices will be made public in this channel. We will keep you updated 📈

Hi. 

Hope this makes sense. 

I have a 3 stage payment system;

customer secures date with a £10 security deposit.

50% of the total overall balance due atleast 4 weeks before collection.

remainder paid on collection. 

I have chosen Square for my invoice system 2020. I have just issued lots of January invoices. £10 deposit requested at the time they’re sent, then the only option is to request the total remaining amount 4 weeks before the collection date, there’s no option to split the remaining invoice amount OR request a secondary deposit at a different date.

my question is, if this isn’t something that’s possible in Square, when we get to the pre-4 week mark, can I mark the amount they paid against the invoice and leave a balance which they will pay on collection?

or, will it either not allow me to do that, or will it keep requesting that they pay or have an outstanding amount?

thanks 

Libby 

Admin

Hi Libby! Great question. At this time with Square Invoices you can only take one deposit towards and invoice. After the deposit has been paid your customer can only pay the balance. There isn't a way to split the balance into separate payments, I'm sorry. This is a very popular feature request! 

I wonder if recurring invoices would be useful for you in the meantime? You'd have to split the invoice into equal amounts (e.g. three invoices for £50 each) but it would be a way to automate payments using invoices.