x

Tax was not applied to order

My store has been set up for a while now to "Add Tax to Item Price" for 7 items: both GST (5% tax) and PST (7% tax). However, in a recent transaction, these taxes were not applied. I double-checked the store item in question under "Item Library" and under the "Taxes" field, it indicates that "GST and PST" are relevant to it. 

Can you please advise as to why these taxes were not applied? Cheers.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @twagner - thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are here to help! 

Before we jump into it, just wanted to give you a quick "welcome ๐Ÿ‘‹" to the Seller Community! We are happy to have you. 

This is an interesting one. There could be a couple different things that are happening here. You mentioned that you have the correct tax rates applying to your specific items via your Tax Settings via the Items Screen, yet is there any chance you are also typing in a custom amount? Often times, Tax rates applied to custom amounts can fly under the radar when creating and applying custom tax rates. You can double check your Custom Amount taxes here

If this doesn't seem to do the trick, I would reach out directly to our Support Team. As I mentioned above, there are a plethora of different factors that can affect Tax rates - and this one may need a more 'hands-on' approach with troubleshooting. 

I hope this info is helpful! We look forward to hearing from you. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2