x
Super Seller

Team Management

Hey Everyone! I guess this is a question/feature request. And I wonder if any one else is having the same needs as I am. 

Team Management: 
1. A way to block off time off request for certain dates and or times. Ex. For large caterings that we have scheduled in advance... If an employee wants to request off it alerts them that its not avible to take off for that date and or time.  (When I Work has this function) 

2. A way to copy previous weeks schedule over. Ex. If an employee has a set schedule, being able to copy last weeks schedule over to current or upcoming week. (When I Work has this function) 

3. Work Chat. A way to message per person, groups or teams... within the "Square Team App" (When I Work has this function) 

4. A way to print the schedule without "Publishing It". It is nice to be able to print the schedule to physically check off and to re-verify that all needs are met before publishing it. Currently I am doing this and or keeping track of this on an excel sheet. This slows down the process of making and publishing the schedule. 

5. The ability to show "Request's for Time off" on the scheduler like Approved Time off is currently set up. 

Jacob - He/ Him
JJs Meat Shak - Co-Owner& Operations Manager
Supper Seller- Here to help! Just Ask!
http://www.jjsmeatshak.com
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @jjsmeatshak1

Thanks for such a detailed post of what you would like to see in Team Management. Square continues to work toward improving many of our features. I agree that having a work chat would be useful. However, in this case, what you are requesting is not offered at this time. 

We hope to see many more requests for the same features to continue our efforts in making this happen.  

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 9

My Team Management Plus trial has ended and I would like to go back to the free version. One of my employees was denied permission to log into the team app. It says: Your account is inactive. 

With the end of this trial am I losing:

Scheduling, ability for team members to see their schedule, time off requests and being able to have different permission sets for different team members? Manager vs Sales associates?? I am confused.

What exactly am I losing with going back to the free version?

Message 3 of 9

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.  Chart for Team Management vs Team Plus.

https://squareup.com/us/en/point-of-sale/features/team-management/pricing

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

we need to be able to delete team members.

Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Frustrating... If an employee changes emails.  you have to create a new employee.  the employee does not even have the ability to update their email address.  That is a huge flaw in the system.  thank you

Message 6 of 9

At this time you can Deactivate Team Members from the Square Dashboard. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

I am adding my feature requests to this thread…

Specifically the Shifts feature in Team Management.

How about a Gantt chart view of the schedule before publishing?  Basically the same view as the workday view after the schedule has been published. While preparing the schedule, before publishing, sometimes the Gantt chart view will allow you to see gaps in an instance.

Have an intelligent auto scheduling feature, that would look at demand or better yet revenue trends per employee and type of employee/position used in the past?

Such as last week you used three people in the kitchen two people in the front, etc. this week you might need the same.  Or every $150 you need an employee and you’re expected to have $600 in sales in X hour so schedule these four people, etc.

The ability to schedule based on historical revenue (last week / last month /last year).  Square already has this data.

Or the ability to schedule based on previous schedules, or intelligence behind what people are usually scheduled where and with whom.

But at the very least give me a Gantt chart view before having to publish… Please!

Message 8 of 9

Hello @Dulcedo_Coffee

Thank you for your suggestions. 

We now have Ideate boards on our Seller Community, where you can submit individual feature requests and the status on them will be updated by our team. Our Product team has direct visibility of these boards and considers all requests when planning for future updates. 

You can submit your requests here.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 9