x

Terminal hotspot connection issues

I have a mobile business and have been using square on an iPad to handle my sales and inventory. I recently bought the terminal after being told I could use it in conjunction with the iPad. That is a separate issue.

In the meantime, I was also told I could connect the terminal to the hotspot my iPad is using. The iPad has it's own data plan, so I am trying to connect the terminal to that.

It connects to the hotspot, but stays in offline mode. Why is it doing that? It isn't offline, it's connected to my hotspot and should have full service.

Any help?

Message 1 of 4
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Terminal hotspot connection issues

Hey there, @DarrylJackson - 

There have been some new developments when it comes to using Offline Mode and the Square Terminal. You can check out this Product Launch with all of the details. 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3

Additional information:

I have an iPhone and 3 iPads on my cellular data plan. They all get cellular data separately. One of those iPads stays in the truck for Square purposes, and mobile data has never been an issue.

I tried to connect the terminal to the hotspot off there and it connected, but stayed in offline mode. I tried another iPad with the same result. I then tried my iPhone and it connected perfectly. What is the issue? Connecting to a hotspot on one device should work as well as any other device.

Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for reaching out! This sounds like it might be an issue with your iPad's cellular connection, because hotspots should work as well. Can you try disabling offline mode in your Terminal and then connecting it to the hotspot on your iPad to see if that works?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @DarrylJackson - 

There have been some new developments when it comes to using Offline Mode and the Square Terminal. You can check out this Product Launch with all of the details. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4