x
Highlighted
Admin

Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta

Hey everyone!

I’m excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a beta for accepting partial payments with Square Invoices!

This new feature will allow you to create a single invoice and track multiple payments on that invoice. This may also be useful for those of you who want to accept a deposit and collect the rest of the amount due later.

We know this is a feature many of you have been waiting for, so I hope you’ll help us test it out!

To join the beta click 'Reply' immediately below this post, leave a comment to let me know you’re interested, and I’ll enable it for your account.

By using partial payments and providing us feedback, you will directly influence and improve the Square Invoices product. So please share your reactions and input.

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

Message 1 of 1,114
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta

Hello all! 

Thank you for showing interest in the Request Deposits feature.

We are excited to announce you are now able request deposits from the Invoices section of your iOS mobile device. We understand this has been a top feature request and we can’t wait to hear your feedback.

To access this feature, please download the Square POS beta app:

iOS Beta App Instructions:

1. Click the link on an iOS mobile device to download Testflight and the Square Invoices Beta app.
  2. Click View in App Store
  3. Select Install to download Testflight
  4. Accept to finish installation
  5. Return to the beta link and Follow Step Two, click Start Testing
  6. Select Install to download the Square Invoices Beta app
  7. Open and Sign In

Android support will be coming soon to the beta. Stay tuned!

To request a deposit on the Square POS app:

1. Select Invoices from the navigation menu > Create Invoice.
  2. Tap Add Customer > create a new customer or add one from your directory
  3. Tap Add Item or Discount to add items from your item library.
  4. Select Request Deposit and enter the amount or percentage, select a due date and click Save.
  5. Toggle on Reminders to insure your customers will notified when their deposit is due and can pay the Invoice via the email.
  6. Click Send.

Note:  Although you can create, edit, and manage deposits within the Square POS app, currently

you cannot accept payments for an outstanding deposit or remainder in the app (by swiping a card from the Square Reader, for example). To pay a deposit or remainder on an outstanding invoice, your customers must pay via the email they have received.

If you have not joined the beta, click 'Reply' immediately below this post, leave a comment to let me know you’re interested, and I’ll enable it for your account.

If you have questions or suggestions for how we can improve this feature for Square Invoices follow up on this thread. 

Thank you,

Howard

Verified Answer

Hello Beta Family! 

Thank you for showing so much interest in this new feature! The response has been amazing and thank you to those who have already shared feedback! 

To review, if I have already liked your post, you should have the feature on your account. You will also receive an email outlining the changes. 

Request Deposits from the Square Dashboard

1. Go to Invoices in your online Square Dashboard > Create Invoice.
  2. Select a customer from your Customer Directory, or enter a new name and email address.
  3. Add line items, and optionally apply modifiers, notes, and taxes by clicking Customize.
  4. Click Request Deposit, enter the amount or percentage, select a due date and click Save.
  5. Click Send.

Although you can view your invoices with deposits in the Square Point of Sale app, you will only be able to request deposits from the Square Dashboard. You must also use the Dashboard to manage or edit these Invoices.  

Thank you for testing and keep sharing your feedback! 

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Beta Family! 

As a friendly reminder, anyone who has already has a like on their post has been enabled for the feature! 

Please go ahead and test the feature and share any feedback here on the thread or on the survey within your Square Dashboard if you haven't already. 

A few things to add to the post: Currently multiple partial payments are not supported at this time as well as the ability to create or edit partial payments within the Square Point of Sale. This are our top feature requests and we are working hard to make them a reality. 

Request Deposits from the Square Dashboard

1. Go to Invoices in your online Square Dashboard > Create Invoice.
  2. Select a customer from your Customer Directory, or enter a new name and email address.
  3. Add line items, and optionally apply modifiers, notes, and taxes by clicking Customize.
  4. Click Request Deposit, enter the amount or percentage, select a due date and click Save.
  5. Click Send.

Thank you for testing and keep sharing your feedback! 

Message 545 of 1,114
1,113 Replies
Elsa

Sign me up!

Message 2 of 1,114
coloexposures

I'm ready for this...I've been ready for this for years now!  Yay!

Message 3 of 1,114
danbosworth

Sign me up

Message 4 of 1,114
ElleLeighTMS

Yes....I'm so ready for this. Thanks so much for the update.

Message 5 of 1,114
feistyflavors

I’m in!

Message 6 of 1,114
MPodkin

Yep, sign me up.  Will this work with both online invoicing and POS?

Message 7 of 1,114
Admin

@MPodkin Just the Online Dashboard at this time. 

Message 8 of 1,114
Mingo

Yes yes yes please!

Message 9 of 1,114
OGTherapeutic

This is a feature I could use often. I hope it gets through beta. 

Message 10 of 1,114