x

Text message when chargeback? Email is too inconvenient.

This might blow your mind, but I'm an IT guy and I don't email. I believe email is a flawed protocol and will be obsolete by 2020 as texting incorporates all it's features and takes over. There, I said it. I want a text message when I get a chargeback.

While we're on it, let's talk a little more about chargebacks. I really don't like the way Squareup deals with chargebacks. You would think there would be a little red indicator in your dashboard or something or some kind of notification or indicator that you have a chargeback, but noooo... I have to visit that dark black hole called Email to find out.

Now, I realize that Squareup has their own way of doing things, there's no one to talk to on the phone there and they don't return calls, but is there any special reason why they only give us 7 days to respond to a chargeback? Paypal allows 10 and Intuit allows 15.

I know what you're thinking... As an IT guy, isn't there some email forwarding voodoo that I can do that will text me when I receive a chargeback email? Yes, there is! In fact, I had email to text forwarding setup for support@squareup.com, but then they switched it to noreply@squareup.com and then to disputes_services@help-messaging.squareup.com so I said to hell with that and set up a filter that notified me when I received an email containing the word "chargeback"... That couldn't possibly fail, right? Well, on Jun 4, Square stopped using the word "chargeback" in their email correspondences and now they use the word "dispute".

I can go off on how email sucks for hours and hours. Please abandon the sinking ship and start texting.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello!

Sorry to hear you're going through a dispute. I know they can be a headache for sellers. 

In regards to text message notifications, I completely agree with you that for some (if not most), text messages are the most convenient and efficient way to alert a seller of a dispute. 

I'll definitely be letting our Disputes Team know about your request, as this can help speed along the process if the text messages reach our sellers faster. 

Hopefully your work around of email forwarding to text message works. You're definitely on to something. 

I'm sure a lot of other sellers would love to know how you have it routed so maybe they can implement the same for their own disputes. 

Keep an eye out for updates in the future!

Message 2 of 2