x

Text order confirmation - Ability to EDIT the verbiage in the Text for Order Confirmation

Hi there, I see that after every purchase, customer receives a text message saying "Thank you for your purchase, your order will be ready to be picked up at 12:30PM, etc." depends on the prep time. 

IS THERE A FEATURE for us to EDIT that verbiage on the text? If we have 40 orders arrive in that 2 minutes window, we would not want that first text to say come pick up AT 12:30PM for all that many customers as I think it would be more helpful if we can EDIT our own verbiage to tell customers that "thank you for your purchase, estimated pick up time is 12:30PM, you will receive a confirmation text/email once your order is ready for pick up."  Something similar would work, as long as we have the ability to edit the language so we don't mislead customers and it will break social distance when they all show up at the same time (which happened at our store and it was quite a nightmare for our team..) 

Thank you and I really appreciate any inputs and feedback from your team. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey again!! I responded to your first post in this thread, but am happy to keep this extra thread as I can see that this feature request is a little different than the one you originally posted in. 

To help you get visibility, I'm going to leave your second post in the other thread as some of our Super Sellers may have some insight or workarounds for you that they may offer. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi -- The text message wording should be changed for selling a food product intended for pickup. After a purchase, the website says "Estimated pickup time..." and the text message the customer receives at the same time is "Your order will be ready at...". These are two very different messages. I need the text message to say "Your order is ESTIMATED to be ready at..." After the order is completed and processed, the customer gets a very nice text that says "Your order is ready for pickup..."  This is not a customization -- this is an inconsistent message that I think should be fixed by Square ASAP. Thanks in advance!!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thank you for sharing this insight!

We'll update this thread if we hear anything about the development of this feature @moonriseb 🌙 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4