x
Alumni

The Future is Built Here: Chicago

Hey Community!! 

Presenting the second edition of The Future is Built Here, a city wide brand activation highlighting the importance of Black entrepreneurs and businesses. In continuation of this initiative, we'll shine a light on Chicago based businesses. Learn more here: squareup.com/us/en/chi.

chibanner.png

This is one of many U.S. activations in 2021 to demonstrate Square’s presence, support and partnership with the Black community.

Read on below and click through to learn more about each highlighted seller and how they achieved success.

chipear.pngPear Nova

Product/Service Type: Beauty & Cosmetics

"Everything we put into the community we want to be positive, uplifting, encouraging, and authentic. We celebrate domestic violence survivors. We’ve also partnered withNAMI Chicago to support their efforts with

Mental Health Awareness Month. These are a reflection of who we are as a business."

chisimone.png

SIR & MADAME

Product/Service Type: Apparel 

“Being a Black business owner means we’ve had to work harder than other races and nationalities to get here. It also means we have to continue to work harder and harder. We are conscious of the message we put out. Mostly, we promote love. That’s what the world needs more of.”

chisemi.png

SEMICOLON

Product/Service Type: Books & Retail

“There’s an innate responsibility that comes with being a Black business owner, and it includes building out our business in a way that supports our community. Being a Black business owner means that I can consistently be and create the change that I’d like to see.”

Build your future. Learn more on Square's website and follow us on Instagram (@Square) for the latest updates. See more stories from Atlanta in this post: The Future is Built Here: Atlanta. We'll continue to share more opportunities to engage in the Seller Community as well!