x
Admin

The Secret to Success Is _________?

As a former business owner turned Square, I used to love this question. If you could offer advice to your fellow Sellers here in the Community- what would you say is the secret to your success? 

I'll go first, "The Secret to Success is a strong support system."

Starting a business is hard, building a business is hard, running a business is hard. With a solid support system there is way more breathing room, and it's pivotal in sustaining business. A good support system can look like family, good friends, your local chamber of commerce, and online communities. Shameless plug: your fellow Sellers here can be an amazing resource for growth strategy and emotional support.

What is your secret to success? Tell us more in this thread! 

business.gif

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

I love this!

And I totally agree - I wouldn’t be able to do any of this without my support system too!

I would add, “The Secret to Success is Change”

A business that stays the same is a business that collapses. Whether it’s adopting new technology, updating furniture, new branding/logo/website, changing prices, coming up with new flavors, adding new products & sizes, or sometimes more importantly getting rid of products & sizes that don’t fit - being fearless enough to change, and having the data & information to know what to change, is the main reason I’m still in business today. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@pessosices and @kellyj  - agree on both points so I'll add another 'secret'.

Treat people well - be kind, polite, respectful, compassionate, etc.  I can not stress how much this has helped me over the years.  People have gone the extra mile for me I'd like to think because I treated them well.  I've gotten leeway, referrals, extra business, repeat business and so on because of this.

On the flipside, I've also had customers complain bitterly about my competition and it isn't prices or location but attitude or disrespect that I hear about more than anything.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Great one, @cmusicshop 

3FCFF9DF-BF8C-49A5-AF64-EE0F442F9D43.png

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 4