x

The Square app cannot reader the Socket Mobile 7CI scanner

Hi 

I have reset and Scan IOS barcode and then scan the barcode in the square app in order to pair my scanner with the app.

however it seems the apps cannot read the scanner.

I have followed the steps to off and on the bluetooth and also log in and out my square app on the ipad.

anyone can help? 

vivi

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your bluetooth scanner @sodsingapore!  It looks like you're part of the Global Community. Currently, we can only guarantee hardware compatibility in countries where card processing is available. I recommend contacting the manufacturer for additional troubleshooting tips.

In the meantime, I'll share your request for a compatible bar code scanner to use in your location with the Hardware team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

@sodsingapore wrote:

Hi 

I have reset and Scan IOS barcode and then scan the barcode in the square app in order to pair my scanner with the sheboygan falls police scanner app.

however it seems the apps cannot read the scanner.

I have followed the steps to off and on the bluetooth and also log in and out my square app on the ipad.

anyone can help? 

vivi

I am using SQ POS on an iPhone for on the go face to face sales and have an online website.  I use SQ to maintain my inventory. I am using a wireless barcode scanner and it retrieves my items on the mobile app but to do multiple scans and retrieves is where it gets cumbersome. Is there a way to clear the search box after each scan?

At the moment I have to

1. physically press into the search box

2. scan the barcode

3. press to select the item liker adding to cart

4. press the X button to clear the current item from the search box

5. physically press the search box again for the cursor to be there for my next scan

I would like to automatically clear the search box for the next scan. does anyone else do this?

Message 3 of 3