x

The Square "Personal Plan" for Custom Domain

I have usually used the cheapest Square paid plan, which is $16/month or $12/month if paid annually. I took a break and I am getting started again... but I now see an option for the "personal plan" which says it will only connect your custom domain. Does this remove Square branding? Does it change anything else by using the Personal Plan? Or just allows the custom domain only? It's new to me but it doesn't say much about it online. Has anyone used the Personal Plan yet? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

HI, can you please share a screenshot of Personal Plan offer?  As per their Support Page regarding plans they have Free, Professional, Performance, Premium.

https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store/plans

You are correct, you do need a paid plan to have the domain name added.

The free plan offers everything you need to sell online, as you grow then you can add a paid plan.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 9

I attached a link with the screenshot of the “personal plan” shown when I view the different plans 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/46DdZcMWqkKWHRiF8

Message 3 of 9

HI, thank you for the screenshot.  

A domain does remove the Square branding.

Have you clicked the Try Now?  Do you have to pay in advance? 

It is cheaper than the Professional Plan and gives you everything for an online store with a domain without all the other upgrade features.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 9

I have not tested it yet but I think I will just to see what happens! Once I click try now, it only offers me an option to pay yearly or monthly. 

So I’ll update soon once I’ve tested it out. 

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @PinkSweetheart

I just wanted to step in here regarding this! The Personal plan only offers connection to a custom domain, but will keep the Square branded footer. If you own your own domain with us or elsewhere, this is a great tool for that connection! However if you wanted to continue using a custom footer, the Professional plan will be the best option. 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

Does the personal plan offer unlimited bandwidth and storage?

Message 7 of 9

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.  Scroll down to click on Compare All Features to see Bandwidth and Storage.

https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store/plans

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 7.45.33 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 8 of 9

The personal plan only allows you to connect your own custom domain (www.mywebsite.com). There are no added or special features with the personal plan. The personal plan has the same features as the free plan. Hope this helps! 

Message 9 of 9