x

Third party Customer profile

New customer profiles that I have not created, have been showing up in my “recent customers” list on the invoicing page of the app. The creation source shows as Third Party. I thought this might be the online store but it’s not. Any thoughts? I haven’t done business with these people so I’m not sure why they’d have customer profiles in my account, and also don’t understand what third party would’ve created them. They show as only email addresses, no names. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Just notice this too- if I sort through customers by total spent- there are a lot of $0, 0 Visits customers that get our email, did not sign up for it, but are on the customer list added by third party. Additions were around two months ago, not sure where these came from. 

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hi @Ninjarita and @Polkadot07071.

Do you both have a Square Online website set up that has a sign up form on it? I believe that visitors who enter their information with that will show up as coming from a third party (as opposed to those who actually make a purchase and show as coming from the online store).

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you @AdamB for that answer

Message 4 of 4