x

Transfer reader to another account

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Transfer reader

Hi. I bought the contactless reader, but I have decided to close my business. I have a friend with a business who is interested in purchasing my reader. Is there anything that i need to do to transfer it to her, or does she just connect it as if she had purchased it from Square? Thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

there is nothing that attaches the reader to your account.  So as long as they log into their own account it will work fine.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

there is nothing that attaches the reader to your account.  So as long as they log into their own account it will work fine.

Message 2 of 4

I have a iPad dock, card reader etc for my current business. I am changing businesses in July. Can I continue to use my equipment that I have or do I have to buy new equipment? I wasn’t sure if square just switches over accounts when I close the old one. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @advancedbeauty 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also curious about the flexibility of Square hardware. Take a look at this Best Answer from Pesso!

In short, yes! Square hardware is universal, meaning it can be used with any account - just simply sign in with your credentials.

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4