x
Admin

*UPDATE!* Square Stand Update Now Available 13.2

During beta testing of the upcoming iOS 13.1 update, which is planned for release on September 24, Square discovered an issue that might affect connectivity between Square Stand and iPads running this new version of iOS. We’ve raised the issue to Apple and they are working on a resolution.

At this time we’re recommending that sellers do not update their iPads to iOS 13.1.

If you have already updated to iOS 13.1, and happen to be experiencing issues with connectivity, we recommend the following troubleshooting tips:

1. Close the Square app.
  2. Remove your iPad from Square Stand.
  3. Reopen the Square app and then reinsert your iPad into Square Stand.

Thank you for your understanding as we work with Apple on a resolution.

We will post updates on this thread as they become available, and will follow up with an additional email message once the issue is fully resolved. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 42
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

*UPDATE!*: Square Stand Update Available- Can be Updated to 13.2

Square Stand: iOS 13.2 is Now Available!

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 38 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Admin

Not yet @maneonparkave but I don't believe this issue should affect how your receipts are printing. Can you try these printer troubleshooting steps or call our CS team so we can investigate? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 22 of 42

Hi Helen,

Can we update I pad to OS 13.1.3 now? I cant seem to find any updates

Message 23 of 42

Is this issue been resolved? 

Message 24 of 42
Admin

This issue hasn't been resolved yet @BeachPaws — our engineering team continues to work with Apple and we've made some progress. As soon as we have confirmation we'll post in this thread to let you know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 25 of 42

Thanks for the update

it would help to hear what exactly seems to be the issue. Does the app kicks you out? Freezes?

i am holding up the update but I do not know for how long I’ll be able to.

Message 26 of 42

Do we update yet?

Message 27 of 42

Quote from Helen "As soon as we have confirmation we'll post in this thread to let you know."

Message 28 of 42

Is it safe to update your pad yet.

Message 29 of 42

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: What is the status of the IOS 13 Update and Square compatibly

Has anyone updated iPad iOS 13 successfully with no Issues using Square? 

When can we expect a resolution from Apple for Square app?

Message 30 of 42
Admin

I'm sorry @PorkShackAdmin, we are still working with Apple to fix tihs issue.

We're keeping everyone informed in this thread and we'll also send emails to let you know when it's OK to update your iPad. For now we'll still recommending that you do not update your iPad to iOS 13.1 or higher.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 31 of 42

Apple will be coming out with a new major update, possibly 13.4 by the end of Oct. But even this update may not address the Square issue. 

Message 32 of 42

I called Apple and talked with them about the issue of IOS 13 affecting my card reader on the Iphone. The representative said that they were aware of the issue but it was not their problem and that Square needed to fix their software. So what is going on with this. We have already lost money from card transactions that didn't go through and now have nothing to use to be able to take credit cards. If not resolved this coming week we will need to find other credit card processing means. Please someone get working on the issue and fix it fast!!

Message 33 of 42

I just wanted to mention. I did update my iPad to the last iPadOS version. At first It was click on and off that the stand was charging, but not saying it was connected. However, I just simply turn my iPad off and restarted it and I have not had any problems.

Message 34 of 42

So one of my worker accidentally update to 13.1 and square app was broken. What now what I have to do I don't have any other POS. I remove from stand I restarted I reinstalled and nothing works.

???????

Message 35 of 42

Also I am experiencing issue "Point of Sale: Signed out automatically" is that related to 13.1?

Message 36 of 42

As a fellow retailer, use the app on your phone. It might be difficult but it is better than nothing.

Message 37 of 42
Admin

Best Answer

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 38 of 42

I installed 13.2 today because we've run into this problem. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. We lose connectivity to USB devices at random intervals, and now need to reboot Square stand on a regular basis.

Message 39 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hi @IMMG. Thanks for your patience on this one. Something definitely sounds off here. If you haven't already, please reach out to our Support Team. I want to make sure this gets solved ASAP for you, and they should be able to get your iPad back in a good place.

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 40 of 42

this is constantly happing to me every single day.  Sometimes in the middle of checking out people so they have to wait until the stand has connected again. 

Message 41 of 42

We do not seem to have this problem. It must be a hardware issue.

Message 42 of 42