x

USB Printer constantly disconnects

5F7768D2-06E9-4CBC-9CDA-6FB4C1ADEA30.jpegimage.jpgHas anybody come up with a solution to this yet? Surely? I find old forum posts dating a long way back and no solution. 

I have 5 square readers and 5 iPads. All running latest software version. We get very busy. All of a sudden the printers will randomly disconnect and reconnect. Delays up to 5minutes between losing the printer and reconnecting. Great fun with a shop full of people........hey guys weโ€™ve just gotta chat amongst ourselves for a few minutes while this printer reconnects. 

Ive had my tech guys come and test everything on our end.......new modem (MIMO) ping test between modem and printer doesnโ€™t register any drop outs, cable tested on LAN is excellent, speed test indicates 40Mbps so plenty of overhead for all our devices....

Time to look into a new system?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Ericaskihire,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printers. How many printers are you using across the 5 iPads? Could I confirm whether these are connected via USB or WiFi - the screenshot is showing a WiFi printer and you've reported a USB printer in the thread title - are you using a combination of both?

This sort of issue can often be environmental, and because we can't look into private account info via this forum you may be better placed giving our support team a call on 1800 760 137 so they can take a further look into your operating environment!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2