x
Beta Member

Unable to edit appointment that has been booked online from iOS app

Since the introduction of resource specific services I am unable to edit any appointment that has been booked online by a customer.

Our customers don't get to choose who they book their services with when they book online.  They just select the service they want and the available time that they require.  

We then assess each days' appointments in advance and move them around to the appropriate staff member depending on skillset required and availability.

Since the update we have been unable to make these changes with the iOS app.  We can make them in the web app still.  This is incredibly frustrating though as we are used to making these changes from our phones/iPads. Is anyone else having this problem?  Is this something that Square will fix?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi @vanityfur,

Did this end up getting resolved for you?

We also did notice it did get harder to edit customer's appointments a few months ago through an update, we don't use resources, but it may have been related to that. I think we've figured it out now though โ€” essentially you have to go into the appointment on your device, tap the service, then scroll down to the bottom and 'Remove service' โ€” then add the correct service (button at the bottom of the appointment page, then hit save.

Hope that helps.

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square Appointments โ€ข Square POS โ€ข Square Online โ€ข Square Reader โ€ข Square Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by Amaka โ€ข Printful / We have used Squarespace โ€ข Shopify โ€ข WooCommerce โ€ข QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

No this is not resolved.  It is a problem for any appointment that is prepaid.  We have had to completely change our business model and move from a prepaid appointment structure to a booking online with no show protection, which is ok, and doesn't really affect us.  But sometimes people want to prepay their appointment.  Once it is prepaid, no modifications are permitted.  This is not ok.  It is a service that hasn't been delivered yet, so modifications are likely to be required, even if it is just as simple as a staff member change.  This needs to be fixed. It is a bug.  

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for letting us know, @vanityfur -  I see what you mean testing this from my account, and will highlight this with the Square Appointments team. 

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you Arie, will you let me know when it is fixed please?  

Message 5 of 5