x

Upgrading to professional

Hello, when upgrading from the free site to the Professional will I need to change any links I have in marketing materials or will people automatically be redirected when using the old link. For example, I have QR codes to the .square.site web address. Will that still work? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

HI, you would only be upgrading the SERVICE. 

If you are upgrading to add a domain (.com) then actual links you sent out (ex.social media), the links would not update or change to the domain .com automatically. 

Please know if a domain is added, it can take 7 to 14 business days to populate correctly.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

I think as what the seller is asking is would their 'mysite.square.site' links still lead to their website as a redirect once they upgrade their domain along with service, or would they be forgotten, to avoid them having to update links everywhere, I skipped the question as I wasn't 100% sure on the answer, I don't suppose you'd know @Goldneye?

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 5

@MJD @K_Archibald HI, I did fail to answer the question.  Upgrading to Premium is only updating the SERVICE.  Premium service allows for additional options and services along with being able to add a domain (.com).

If you leave your website xxxx.square.site, nothing will change.  Your links are the same.

If you add the domain (.com) them, yes, some will no longer be useful and need to be manually changed.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 5

This is exactly what I was wondering “I think as what the seller is asking is would their 'mysite.square.site' links still lead to their website as a redirect once they upgrade their domain along with service, or would they be forgotten, to avoid them having to update links everywhere”

It sounds like I will be okay with all social media links. I was hoping to avoid tracking down any broken links. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5