x

Use iPad Pro 12.9 with USB printer/drawers

I ordered the supported Square USB cash drawers, USB printer, and kitchen ethernet printer. I had a square stand but the family said they want a bigger screen.

1. I'm trying to figure out if I use the heckler stand for the iPad Pro and an iPad USB hub will the printers and cash drawers still work? Are the drivers for that equipment that square uses installed in the square stand or is it in the software?

2. If not how slow are the Bluetooth printers/cash drawer? Anyone use this and had a good experience? https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/mpop-printer

Message 1 of 4
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Use iPad Pro 12.9 with USB printer/drawers

Hi there, @anhmazingfood 👋 Good to hear from you again!

If you have a larger (or smaller) size iPad that doesn't fit the size offering of the Square Stand, you will still need some sort of USB hub adapter to connect exterior accessories such as a Cash Drawer and Receipt Printer. While we don't endorse any specific model, we recommend doing due diligence research from other Sellers who have also used that same accessory hub.

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

on an iPad there I do not believe there is a way to connect USB devices to the iPad thru a USB hub.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

on an iPad there I do not believe there is a way to connect USB devices to the iPad thru a USB hub.

Message 2 of 4

Did you ever figured this out? I am in the exact same boat. I want the 12.9in pro but don't want to use bluetooth.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @anhmazingfood 👋 Good to hear from you again!

If you have a larger (or smaller) size iPad that doesn't fit the size offering of the Square Stand, you will still need some sort of USB hub adapter to connect exterior accessories such as a Cash Drawer and Receipt Printer. While we don't endorse any specific model, we recommend doing due diligence research from other Sellers who have also used that same accessory hub.

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4