x

Using gift cards from Vantiv??

I am looking to change from my current POS system to Square. Currently my POS system requires me to use Vantiv/Mercury for my credit cards. Last year we purchased 250 gift cards from them to preload using our POS system. We are nearly out of cards and will be switching to Square (I hope) at the first of the year. I'm concerned about the gift cards we've loaded over the year, can they be redeemed? Could we load the last few we have remaining using Square? 

I know we could call and check balances on all cards as they appear in the store and convert it to a new gift card. But that would not be feasible when we get busy (pretty much from now to May). 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

I believe I read somewhere that if you contact Square Customer Support they might have a way to transfer these over? Worth a shot to call and ask!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

I just checked and I saw that they said that you can export Square Gift Cards if you're moving to a new company - so I'm not sure about importing gift cards from another company - but again definitely worth it to call and ask them

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-my-gift-cards-be-migrated-to-another-syste...

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 3