x

Virtual terminal not working

Hi All, 

anyone else having issues with the virtual terminal not working, we have 170 staff needing to access the terminal but not able to take a payment. our staff are able to sign in, click on virtual terminal but as soon as they click on take a payment the page is not responding. im asking for help as the techs are not providing updates

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @Samuel_Gauci,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you've had issues with Virtual Terminal today!

I took a look into this and it does appear we saw a handful of reports of this nature this morning, though were not able to replicate them in testing. How long ago were you last experiencing this issue, and if you try again now is the issue still occurring?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

still having the issue now, happening for all staff working from home or in the office. we need this sorted

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thanks for confirming @Samuel_Gauci - I checked with our support team on this and they confirmed you got in touch earlier today, I've passed on your new feedback. There's currently an open bug report for this issue and the support agent you spoke to this morning will be back in touch as soon as we've heard more from our engineering team. Apologies for the inconvenience here!

In the meantime, do you think you can process manually keyed transaction from the Square Point of Sale app? This would probably be the easiest workaround for now, while understandably not great to have to fall back on! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 7

cant really be asking staff to use their person mobiles to be taking payment, its hard as im told by the square tech there is nothing that can be done as it cant be replicated, but ive got staff all over NSW having issues and im also offering for one of your techs to jump on to my PC to look at the issue

Message 5 of 7

i have just been looking at this issue further and have found this to only be an issue with Chrome and Edge the virtual terminal works on Firefox,  was their any changes on Squares side on Sunday or this morning where this has changed? 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @Samuel_Gauci,

We were definitely still following this one up! While we don't have the facility to have our engineers visit your location to check on issues like this, we can certainly do all we can to help resolve the issue! 

I'm not aware of any changes that were made, and can currently access Virtual Terminal on Chrome fine - by the sounds of it this may very well be a web browser caching issue.

Have you tried either clearing your browser cache, or trying in an incognito Chrome window? If either of those things worked, then it'd suggest the issue is with browser caching - it's possible that there may have been an issue for accounts that were logged into VT at a certain time, or it may just be that the cache hasn't been cleared in a long time and could benefit from it, to make web pages in general load more smoothly. You can find instructions on doing this in Chrome here (you may need to manually log back into websites after doing this).

I've got to admit I don't fully understand how browser caching works, but a lot of the time a cache clear will help resolve weird page loading issues like this!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 7