x
Alumni

Wall of Hope - Share Positivity with the Square Community ❤️

Hi Seller Community! 

We are all navigating a new world and figuring out how we function within it. While we can not offer hugs and stand physically united together at this moment, on this post, we wish for you to write and spread positivity and love, and show your solidarity and encouragement during this difficult time. 

Do you have a message you’d like to share with the Community? We’d love to have you share it as a reply below. Posts can be anything with positivity, love, or hope. A great post could be a call to action, a picture, a story, a suggestion, a question, an idea or anything else you’d like to share.

Please do click the “reply” button below and share some positivity with the Community.

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

I love this.  Thank you for what you are doing - keep it up. I especially love your signage!

Message 22 of 38
Alumni

"Stay Wicked Fah Apart" is my new motto for June! Thank you so much for sharing this

Aaron Weiss
Message 23 of 38

Wow Nick, your resilience and Slices of Hope program are inspiring! You may enjoy the story of fellow Square entrepreneur, Neeraj Miglani, who is on a mission to feed 500 meals to families in need: https://www.fromkitchentocause.online/zingari-on-preventing-homelessness/

Message 24 of 38

My business employed communities in a small African Kingdom called Lesotho, to sew bowties, which I would sell in the street markets of New Orleans, Louisiana. We pivotted to making masks and expanded our production teams beyond Lesotho.

DSCF2771.jpg

We now work with jobless artists in New Orleans, Lesotho and South Africa to create masks with the traditional fabric of Lesotho. Here is a video of our work and link to our fundraising campaign to deliver thousands of masks to essential workers across New Orleans and beyond. Mask Up NOLA 

DSCF3004.jpg

IMG_2047.JPG

Message 25 of 38
Admin

Thanks for sharing these photos @BowShoeshoe and keep up the great work! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 26 of 38

When the original mandate came out for restaurants in Florida to shut down we closed for a week.  Then our customers started calling wanting to know  if we would do take out.  We had done take out orders in the past but I soon realized we needed  to get online.  Square came to the rescue with the online ordering web site.  It took me a few days to get it set up, but our customers took right to it.  We are  just a small cafe and tea room with great food and baked goods and wonderful customers.  We did take out only with curbside pick up for about 9 weeks.  Many customers ordered faithfully week after week.  Some are still ordering  even though we are now open at 50% capacity.  Square and our customers saved us!  Our  customers have been so full of encouragement.  I have been so touched by their concern and  support.  It is still a challenge here  in Florida and we are still hanging in there one day at a time, but I am hopeful things will get better.  

A special Thank  You to the  very patient folks at Square  who are at the other end of the  phone to help us.  I  have never had anyone from Square be rude or short with me in the three years I  have been with  Square.  In these trying times that means  a lot to me.  

Best to all of you.  Stay well.

The Tea Lady at Tea World

Message 27 of 38
Alumni

Just finished my morning cup of tea and LOVED reading your update, @tealady3550  🙂 

Thank you so much for sharing this story. Personally, I feel proud to work at Square when our technology can deliver moments like this.

I'll be sure to share this message internally, especially with our amazing advocates who you've spoken with on the phone.

Aaron Weiss
Message 28 of 38

Love this idea Aaron! A member of our community, Greg Rales of Red Gate Bakery in the East Village of NYC, inspires me. Greg believes entrepreneurs should fight for causes that matter to them. I wanted to share Greg's story of how he shares his founding cause of #lgbtq and #blacktranslivesmatter in the "From Kitchen To Cause" podcast at https://www.fromkitchentocause.online/red-gate-bakery-on-standing-up-for-social-causes/

I'll be happy to hear from other entrepreneurs about how you are sharing your cause! 

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 11.49.39 AM.png

Message 29 of 38
Alumni

Whoa! I'll give a listen later today. This picture of Greg with cookies made me want cookies for lunch. Probably not a smart move.

@kitchentocause  - I was going to suggest you share this podcast as a separate post, but you're way ahead of me! I'm going to pass this post to our team to feature it on the home page soon. 

Thank you for sharing and for being a part of the Square Community, we are so glad to have you 🙌

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 11.50.05 AM.png

Aaron Weiss
Message 30 of 38

Thank you Aaron, and it's great to e-meet you! We will be launching many new "From Kitchen To Cause" podcast episodes with inspiring Square entrepreneurs in the coming weeks. I appreciate you sharing the thread with your team.

Message 31 of 38

Erik Taylor of Team Vinchay is an inspiring member of the Square community who partnered with 70+ community organizations to give back. Today's "From Kitchen To Cause" podcast features the story of how Erik shares his cause of #positive-lifestyles and #eco-consciousness to build an emotional connection with customers. Please subscribe for more stories at https://www.fromkitchentocause.online/team-vinchay-that-loyalty-to-the-cause-creates-an-emotional-co...

erik.jpg

Message 32 of 38

Thanks for the inspiring stories on this thread! Members of our community share their founding #cause, especially in these difficult times on the "From Kitchen To Cause" podcast. We finished the first batch of 20 episodes and decided to do more since listeners all over were inspired!

We’d like to hear your story about how you share your cause with your community. Please apply to speak on the podcast here.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 2.04.36 PM.png

Warmly,

Hilary

#ShareYourCause

Message 33 of 38

I wanted to share the inspiring story of how Journey Coffee Co built a resilient community! https://www.fromkitchentocause.online/journey-coffee-co-were-living-out-our-mission-in-restoring-com...

journey.jpg

Message 34 of 38

Check out this article on why and how sellers build community!: https://medium.com/@fromkitchentocause/why-and-how-sellers-build-community-139cf9150483

Message 35 of 38

Latrell Garnett is an inspiring entrepreneur from our community who shares advice on how he built a global community. Hear the story of Conscious Plates on "From Kitchen To Cause" at https://www.fromkitchentocause.online/conscious-plates-what-drives-us-is-the-impact-on-our-community...

latrell.jpg

Message 36 of 38

I'm thrilled to share a convo between #blm activist Veronique Cadet and Sarah Joy Hays from the Square community, who owns Counterspace Bakery. They share how your business can serve as a platform for social causes.  https://www.fromkitchentocause.online/counterspace-platform-alongside-business-is-what-entrepreneurs...

VeroSarahJoy (22).png

Message 37 of 38

Being strong and progressive in the business community only allows more active doors to open thus to create positive changes and outcomes. Allowing one another to Lind a helping hand one another will help us gain more possibilities and opportunities to be able to be open minded and to understand our next uprising and uplifting lift off to the next level and be able to stay motivated and generate more energy to create a whole new level of unreachable accomplishments within our companies or businesses and corporations

Message 38 of 38