x

Web Orders Printing

When I try to print a web order to use as a gathering list, it will only print one page. Both browsers I use on two different computers respond the same way. I can print one page. I cannot print two. It will only print what is on the screen. If I try to change the print to two pages I receive a message saying that is 'out of range'. 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@TheOpenEye This may actually be a printer problem and not a browser problem.  Are you printing the order from the square online dashboard?

Troubleshooting these issues can be a bit problematic.  I would try "print to pdf" and see if it makes a pdf correctly.  If it does then it is most likely a printer driver issue.  What I recommend is the old uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it.  I have tested it on a brother laser color printer and a hp officejet 4650 just now with no problems.  You might also try changing from portrait to landscape mode.  But give me some more info about your set up and try the print to pdf and see what you get.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

@TheOpenEye This may actually be a printer problem and not a browser problem.  Are you printing the order from the square online dashboard?

Troubleshooting these issues can be a bit problematic.  I would try "print to pdf" and see if it makes a pdf correctly.  If it does then it is most likely a printer driver issue.  What I recommend is the old uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it.  I have tested it on a brother laser color printer and a hp officejet 4650 just now with no problems.  You might also try changing from portrait to landscape mode.  But give me some more info about your set up and try the print to pdf and see what you get.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 7

Printing to PDF portrait or landscape has the same result. I suppose I can reinstall the print driver but I seem to only have problems with Square. I will try that and let you know

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@TheOpenEye Just to double check again, are you printing the order from the regular square dashboard or the online version where you edit your website?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 7

In Square (https://squareup.com/) from Home, I click the orders icon. I open the order. There is no option to save as PDF, spreadsheet or anything else. So, I try to print from the browser. 

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

@TheOpenEye Ok, there ya go, what you can do is go to is click on orders icon...then click the 3 dots on the right of the order and and "view in square online" or you can get there by clicking the "online" icon and then going to orders.

The square online dashboard gives you the option to print and is cleaner when dealing with online orders.  See if that works better for you.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 6 of 7

The steps you just listed are how I try to print orders and on a windows 10 laptop this works correctly. On android devices it doesn't put any data at all in to the file to print it is just a blank page. THis has been tested on multiple android devices and with two different printers and trying to print to PDF also and it doesn't work for any of them.  I opened a work oder on this and different support people just passed it back and forth between general support and online support and then eventually stop replying to my emails without resolving the issue. IT irritates me that square is happy to make money off of me, but doesn't want to seem to get any issues fixed so my business can run smoothly. I hope there is someone from square here that will see this and get my support ticket escalated and get someone to contact me back with a solution or that someone else has had this issue and can tell me how to fix it.

Any ADMINS out there?????

Message 7 of 7