x

Weebly online store is becoming a nuisance

I've made a mention of this before with the forced move to the weebly platform.. but I wish you guys had looked at what square had with the online store before forcing us to move.  

• There is no ability to remove the "as soon as possible" option from the pickup schedules.  This makes my life hectic as a baker when we are reaching capacity and another order comes in with a selected "as soon as possible" option selected.
  • Guests don't seem to pay attention to the idea that they can schedule the product when the default option is asap.
  • I changed the prep time in the online store to 4-days, however the store chose to ignore the 4-day prep time in favor of the "2-day" time that I had set on each item.  I would prefer to not have to change each individual item to a longer prep time for when i'm getting too busy.
  • The wording on pickup options say "your order will be ready after ##:##" When it should say "your order will be ready for pickup at ##:##"
  • I added a new item to the catalog from my square app and it only added it to the square online store item list instead of adding it to my item catalog on the square.com dashboard.  I have no idea why it did this and I would be willing to go into further detail if need be.
  • There is no option to change the drop down menu background color on the store.. The text is a medium grey and the background is a light grey when ideally they should be black text on a white background.
  • There is no option to change the font for the shopping cart overlay on the store.. it's something like "times new roman" and looks off compared to my store which has a more modern look.

Outside of the grievances with the online store, there are several positives.  However this list, starting from the most dire need fixes at the top to the minor annoyances on the bottom, are enough to want me to look at other online store options.  😵

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

I agree with you. We are actively looking for another option almost only because of how the date is displayed. Our clients are constantly confused with how to order for a later date than the ASAP date. We are a cake shop and almost none of our clients are ordering asap. We get endless calls with questions like "It says that my order will be ready on the 7th, but I dont want it until the 25th." Please square, listen to us on this one... Do not auto populate the date for the client. Make them select it! Thank you!

Message 2 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out here on this thread and adding your voice here, @TheSweetSide - this definitely makes sense. I appreciate you bringing insight into your specific circumstances here, it is very helpful when passing our Sellers feedback to our Product Teams. Hopefully we will be able to bounce back here soon with a positive update in regards to these feature changes.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

+1 to voice that Square/ Weebly could definitely use a lot of improvement to help bakeries specifically.  If we hadn't purchased a register so recently around the "shut down" phase of the pandemic, we would have switched to one of Square's competitors that is focused on restaurants, mainly because they offer an across the board "86" feature for inventory management, but also because there is a lack of being able to schedule item availability for certain days and so on...

Message 4 of 8

We are in full agreement with all the items at the top of your list.  We too are an online cake shop and have dealt with all of the same issues.  I would add a couple items:

1. For the prep time, I wish it had the option to make the time "days" rather than business days.  This creates some problems when a customer is ordering on our non-business days, it treats the order as if it's being placed on the first business day back and then adds 2 more business days.  Meaning our customers sometimes have to wait 4 days for their order.

2. Why is the store pickup scheduling not like the Square Appointments calendar, giving me the flexibility to block off certain days for no pickups.  Example would be we want to take 4-5 days off for a short vacation, it would allow us to block those days off.  Instead, the only option we currently have is shut down ordering or block off those days of the week, meaning customers can't order in advance on the weekdays we have blocked out.

Big picture, make pickup scheduling like Square Appointments and most of this is taken care of.

Message 5 of 8

I agree with all of the points the OP brought up. We are a bakery and the prep time settings have been causing endless confusion. I'm having a problem now where the "business day" count wants to count my closed days as a business day.

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

We have also experienced several issues since the full merge of weebly and square. 

When adding items to categories, under categories after adding items, items are deleted. 

And various other issues. I made a post a few days ago. I'll find it and try to link it. 

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Hi @PV4U - At this point, it sounds like you'll need to speak with our Ecomm Team so they can offer tailored support for your site specifically since you're running into multiple issues. 

Call during normal biz hours or email in anytime - https://squ.re/2LW3Gz3

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8