x

What do you guys want most for future Square updates?

If you were to develop the next update, what would benefit your business the most?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Being able to block certain clients from booking online

Repeat attempts to collect money on past due invoice (not just email reminders)

Text message reminders for past due invoices

Add services for certain days and times

let me think a little more lol 🙂

Message 2 of 5

Repeat button for non-restaurant POS. (e.g. open ticket and select an item on the ticket that was previously ordered and be given the option to increase the quantity of that item similarly to when the item was originally added to the ticket, or have a simple Repeat Button at the top of the ticket that you tap first and then you tap anyidem on the ticket that you need to increase by one them press save.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@MatthewM ;

The BIGGEST thing I would like in a Square Update is for other things not to get messed UP.  Seems like in the last few Updates for this or that other non related things are getting messed up.  For example, an update for the New Appearance messed up  Sales Tax not being applied to Items or Sales Tax being applied when it shouldn't.  I had these settings since 2019, and all of a sudden after an Update they were changed.

I would really like the Ability to take a Deposit on a Payment for No show appointments without having an Online store through Square.  I get calls for appointments to make your own Candle, and as with other businesses that take appointments some people do not show up or come LATE, like by Hours late.  I would like to take an Appointment like today for 8 people and charge a Non refundable deposit at the POS that gets deducted from their order when they show up.  For example:

8 people at $14.00 a Make Your Own candle = $112     Deposit of 20% or something  = 22.40 so when they show up and pay for their make your owns they would only owe $89.60 + sales Tax.  

If I do a Deposit as a Discount at the time they make the appointment I can not just process the Deposit that will show on a Transaction.  This is the only thing I have not been able to figure out a Workaround for at the Square for Retail POS on a Square Stand yet.  I see a lot of other Square users asking for the ability to take non refundable deposits for customers that make appointments and then do not show up, and I would like this as well.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Great question -

I would like to see the "Add Coupon or Gift Card" features made "optional".   For example, we do not offer Coupons so that feature should be an option on the Checkout Screen nor should Gift Cards, I should be able to enable either or not.  Basically you have two different features - Coupons and Gift Cards - so as a seller, I should have the option to enable one or the other or both.  This suggestion has been submitted quite some time ago however to date, seems not seriously considered.  That just my thoughts of course but, others have also requested the same.

jk

Message 5 of 5