x

What happened to the reports?

At some point between September and now (November), reports radically changed. I used to be able to pull a report that would show me a complete list of transactions for a date range, including whether they were cash or charge, and the exact fees deducted from each transaction. Now I can't find that anymore. I really rely on that report, as I work events with other creators and we each take payments for both our goods and the goods of others; the report helps me to break out the exact amounts I owe my fellow creators. How can I get this information now??

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@lsjohnson ;

Log in to your Square Dashboard on a computer, the Transactions tab, Change the date to the day, days week etc you want to refrence, you can choose other items like payment type etc.  You can even export it to a csv or excel file.

The only thing is it does not give totals for the cash sales or credit card sales etc, but you can total the columns in the excel or other spreedsheet. 

Transaction Screen (Location was edited along with removing financial infoTransaction Screen (Location was edited along with removing financial info

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

@lsjohnson ;

Log in to your Square Dashboard on a computer, the Transactions tab, Change the date to the day, days week etc you want to refrence, you can choose other items like payment type etc.  You can even export it to a csv or excel file.

The only thing is it does not give totals for the cash sales or credit card sales etc, but you can total the columns in the excel or other spreedsheet. 

Transaction Screen (Location was edited along with removing financial infoTransaction Screen (Location was edited along with removing financial info

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 2 of 8

I'm logged in right now and the transactions report  (Transactions CSV) is not there.  What happened to that report download?

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

I logged into my Dashboard just now, selected transactions then in the Transactions widow selected EXPORT and got the drop down to select Transactions CSV.  On right side of enclosed picture. 

So I am not sure where you went but for me anyway it is still there. 

Transaction csv.png

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 4 of 8

The answer given here doesn't show the report with the fees paid out per transaction. My bookkeeper needs to see that we charged someone $30.00 and then we actually made $28.50 or whatever after the fee. What happened to that report feature by item? How do we see that now?

Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

@Concordia6432 ;

When you go into your dashboard and go to Transactions - Export- Transactions CSV, this will download a CSV file that you can open in Excel or other Spreadsheet program.  The Fees for each transaction are in a column labeled FEES or Column T when I downloaded the file again.  This will show the total fee for the transaction.  In my file the Transaction Fees are in Red

transactions.jpg

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

i just tried to run item sales report and same issue detail cvs download is empty and when i download under cvs summary the NOTES section is missing and the entire format is different 

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

@Funkymonkeytexa ;

Did you select the Time frame for the report to download?

Right under Transactions in the above picture has the date of 11/19/2021.   In that box you can choose a day, week, month, Year, or select the Start and End Dates of the report with in limits.  I believe nothing farther back than Jan 1st of the previous year.

The Fees Square Charges I see in the Transaction CSV file.

I just downloaded the Transaction csv file for a date, the Columns for this go from A-AW with data and the Fees that your accountant needs are in Column U listed as Fees.  As shown in the photo below The Highlighted column shows my fees for the transactions.   My Spreadsheet program is LibreOffice which could be why my sheet looks a little different but the columns and headers  Fee in Yellow should be the same as yours I believe.

Candlestore_0-1674080146269.png

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 8 of 8