x

What kind of cable connects to the square terminal power adapter?

I would like to possibly connect whatever kind of cable it is to a power battery if that is possible.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

He/She very likely referred to a power bank, a battery bank that a lot of people use to charge their mobiles on the go.  And in answer to the question for as far as I understand, most power banks have a USB out for 5V charging so a (charging) cable with a USB on one end and a USB C some people refer to it as a mini USB on the other end.   

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @admin206 👋Good to hear from you again!

The Square Terminal uses a USBC port for charging, as well as for peripherals such as attached bank account or printers, etc. According to our spec sheet for the power adapter for the Square Terminal, it looks like the actual cable type is TPE.

We're unsure of what you mean here by connecting to a power battery? Are you referring to some kind of mobile power unit?

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Best Answer

He/She very likely referred to a power bank, a battery bank that a lot of people use to charge their mobiles on the go.  And in answer to the question for as far as I understand, most power banks have a USB out for 5V charging so a (charging) cable with a USB on one end and a USB C some people refer to it as a mini USB on the other end.   

Message 3 of 9

is there a link to buy a new power adapter for our square register? 

Message 4 of 9

Hi there, @philipo 👋You can find the replacement tool kit - including a replacement power cord and adapter - here on our Online Shop.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

I need a micro usb chip power charging cord for my contactless chip reader

Message 6 of 9

Hey @gordy,

Thanks for writing in, and welcome to our community 👋

You can order a micro USB cable online, from an electronic store. Plenty of options come up when your type it into a search engine- you'd also able to find it in store. Please let us know how you go!  

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

I need it for a chip card reader

Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

need a usb micro chip charging cord for my magnetic strip contactless reader where can I order one from?

Message 9 of 9