x

What scales are compatible with iPads?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Scales for IPad integration]

I am looking to purchase the Brecknell 6720U, but have a few questions. I only have Ipads at this time, will there be an option to connect a scale similar to the Brecknell 6720U that weighs up to 30lbs? I would rather not buy new android tablets. I really like the Bluetooth scale option for connecting to an Ipad, but that Bluetooth Star Micronics mG-s8200 scale is too small and can't handle much weight capacity. 

I have until early June before we open our seasonal farm for u-pick. So I can wait a bit if Square is planning on releasing new scale options soon. Thanks!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! I just want to share a quick update here about compatible scales: Square now supports Brecknell 6700U and CAS SW-RS Scales on Square Stand.* This Brecknell scale has a 30 lb. (13.6 kg) capacity. Shop now for a scale. 

Already own a scale? Shop the required USB cable and scale adapter to connect to your device.

Not sure which iPad model you have? Identify your iPad here.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @bbass3434!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I see your issue here, the Brecknell compatible scale can only weigh items up to 18lbs.

As of right now, the only two scales supported by Square are the Brecknell 6700U (Android, Square Register, Square Terminal) and/or the Star Micronics mG-S8200 NTEP Scale (Square Stand, iPad, iPhone). We don't have any updates or timeline to release, but we'll keep you updated in this thread.

Thanks again for writing in! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 10

I am looking for a scale to integrate with my Ipads that use Square POS. I see there is the Star Micronics MG-S8200 bluetooth scale, but that scale is small and its max weighing capacity is too low for what I need. 

The Brecknell 6700U option is exactly what I am looking for, but I see it only works for android devices. Is there something like this that works for Ipads?

I have about a 3 week time frame here before I need a scale, so I could wait a bit if a new scale is coming down the pipeline. I operate a pick your own strawberry patch. Thanks - Blake

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Hey  @bbass3434

At this time, the Star Micronics scale you mentioned is the only scale that Square guarantees compatible with iPads. 

Sorry about that. Maybe other Sellers can chime in with other scales that work with their iPads. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! I just want to share a quick update here about compatible scales: Square now supports Brecknell 6700U and CAS SW-RS Scales on Square Stand.* This Brecknell scale has a 30 lb. (13.6 kg) capacity. Shop now for a scale. 

Already own a scale? Shop the required USB cable and scale adapter to connect to your device.

Not sure which iPad model you have? Identify your iPad here.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

Hi, can you confirm that the Brecknell scale 6702U scale would be compatible with the ipads? I see the 6700 "series" but you're selling the 6710u and I have searched to make sure the 6702U would work and cannot locate anything. Can you confirm it would or would not? Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JenD17! Great question. Since it isn't specifically listed on our Hardware Compatibility Page, I would say that it has not been tested and we cannot confirm compatibility. If you haven't purchased a scale yet, I would strongly encourage you to get the Brecknell 6710U so you know that it will work. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks Ashley, the reason I asked is because I already have the 6702U scales, so I would be able to save the added expense and use what I have. Your website stated the "6700 series" and the 6702U is the same series as a the 6710U. Would you be able to confirm that this will or will not work? The scales are very expensive and I can't justify just buying 2 new ones IF this scale that I have, which is not only the same brand, but the same series, would work fine. I understand if this was a random brand not listed but this is pretty close to exact and fits in the description of the "6700 series" specified on squares list of compatible scales. Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

@JenD17 I cannot confirm if it will work since it isn't on that list, but you can certainly plug it into your system and see if it will be accepted. It's rare that it will, but I have seen it happen here and there in my 4 years with Square. I don't blame you for not wanting to purchase another scale, I wouldn't either, so hopefully the system accepts it, just know the chances are a little slim. 

AshleyK
Message 9 of 10

Hello!  I've been seeing updates for over a year that USB connectivity with the newer iPads (2019 and 2020 generation) will be "coming soon."  I'm not buying an older iPad but desperate to start using scales with my Square Stand.  When will this compatibility be updated for the new versions of iPads?

Message 10 of 10