x

What type of stylus should be used with the Square Register?

I just installed a Square Register (I have used the IPAD stand for years) and I am wondering what type of stylus is recommended.  The soft stylus for capactive does not work.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update: I just wanted share here that some sellers have found the following styluses effective with Square Register:

Stylus single-pack
Stylus multipack

If you do choose to use a stylus, consider cleaning each stylus periodically with a disinfectant. We've shared additional information about Cleaning your Square Hardware, and Products to Help you take Payments on our Business Resources board.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I have square register and was wondering what does everyone use for customers to sign the screen?  The soft tip stylus that I tried did n ot seem to work well...  Right now customers are just using thier fingers but always ask "where is the pen"

suggestions?

Message 2 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

When it comes up, we just tell them "Please sign with your finger" and there's no problem!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

@ShawsonGas 

Congrats on the new Square Register!

We just encourage our customers to use their fingers! Works the best, impossible to lose, and free!

Hope that helps,
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

We've been looking for a stylus to use with our Register system too.  Many customers are clearly uncomfortable signing with their finger.  It would just be a way to make the customer experience a little better.  We have tried many styluses(?), but none has worked yet.

@ShawsonGas, I hope you enjoy your Register as much as we do!

Judy T Shumway
Message 5 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

Good point - We disabled Signatures, so that's not improves the experience even more! 🙂

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 6 of 8

The problem is customers are not comfortable using fingers and prefer a stylus.

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Update: I just wanted share here that some sellers have found the following styluses effective with Square Register:

Stylus single-pack
Stylus multipack

If you do choose to use a stylus, consider cleaning each stylus periodically with a disinfectant. We've shared additional information about Cleaning your Square Hardware, and Products to Help you take Payments on our Business Resources board.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 8