x
Alumni

What would you like to learn about payroll?

Hi Seller Community - I work with our Payroll team, and would love to know more about what questions you have about processing payroll (in general - not just related to our product). What would you like to learn payroll processes?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

No problem! It definitely can be confusing but Square Payroll wants to make it as simple as possible. 

Your old provider will be preparing the 2016 W-2s for your employees.  

If your worried you will lose your reporting by closing out.  You can wait until next year to officially "close" the account with your old provider. 

Be sure to inform them that your last payroll with them will be December X, 2016 (with a December 2016 Pay Date!) Make sure you do not run any pay runs with them with a 2017 Pay Date.

This will ensure that you are closing out with them for the 2016 year and starting fresh with Square in 2017.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

What setting do you have to active with the dashboard access so that they can see all of the payroll data?

Message 22 of 28

Hello @newmnea! 

You would enabled Access Dashboard under permissions on the Employees Tab. This will allow your accountant to view the Payroll Tab on your dashboard. 

Message 23 of 28

How do I correct a mistake I made on payroll? They are set to receive their direct deposit on Friday and it is Tuesday.

Message 24 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Selenahanson

If you've already paid employees and need to edit your pay periods or pay schedule, reach out to our Payroll Team and they'll get you taken care of. 

Message 25 of 28

I did, and they did not help.  They said it is too late and to pay manually.  

Message 26 of 28
Square Community Moderator

I’m sorry to hear that @Selenahanson Unfortunately, there is not much we are able to do within the Seller Community when it comes to editing Payroll and pay schedules. 

Whenever things like this happen, give the Payroll Support Team a call as soon as possible.

Message 27 of 28

How to add deductions on a pay stub.  I've been looking...I know it's here. 🙂

Message 28 of 28